Hamilton Accies star Ryan One's bittersweet moment as dad Armand watches first start in defeat to Dundee

Hamilton Accies child Ryan One admits his Saturday was a bittersweet one as he made a primary begin in senior soccer in entrance of his dad however ended up on the shedding aspect in opposition to Dundee.

The 16-year-old, who's the son of former Livingston and Stranraer striker Armand One, was handed a maiden second within the beginning 11 on his ninth Accies look and performed the total 90 minutes.

Nevertheless, that pleasure was tinged with disappointment as a primary half effort from Lyall Cameron and a stoppage time strike from Luke McCowan gave the Darkish Blues victory in a good recreation.

And he mentioned: He mentioned: "It is clearly good to get the primary begin, however it's annoying to lose the sport.

"I believed there was a little bit of nerves from me within the first half as a result of it was my first begin. I do not learn about the remainder of the staff however we appeared a bit shaky.

"We obtained it going within the second half. We had been passing the ball round and that was good.

Dundee's Cammy Kerr (L) and Hamilton Accies' Ryan One in motion

"It's kind of low within the dressing room after two losses in a row however hopefully we get again successful quickly."

Dad Armand was within the stands watching and Ryan added: "My dad involves all of the video games. He at all times provides me phrases of recommendation.

"My dad tells me simply to be myself. He says there's not plenty of stress on me as a result of I am a younger boy. There's not as excessive expectations, so simply exit and luxuriate in your self.

Armand One (in blue) in motion for Stranraer in 2011 in opposition to Motherwell was within the crowd to see his son Ryan make his first senior begin

"I've undoubtedly seen the distinction at this stage. Everybody is greater and I am by no means not operating.

"Typically within the 18s video games I've obtained time to get my breath again, however I really feel like I am at all times on the transfer in first staff video games.

"Hopefully I've achieved sufficient to maintain my place."

One confirmed his potential - and why boss John Rankin has put his belief in him - with a formidable defence-splitting go that teed-up John-Pierre Tiehi within the second half. It put him by way of on aim and he actually ought to have equalised.

He added: "It occurs. I believed it was a very good save. He is by way of on aim and underneath the stress we did not end it however that is okay.

"I actually like Ranks and he is obtained plenty of confidence in me. He is been enjoying me quite a bit.

"That is probably the most minutes he is given me. He performed me an entire half at Arbroath, selecting me over just a few different boys on the bench, and that simply exhibits you he is obtained plenty of perception in me."

Rankin mentioned of One's show: "It was a terrific ball from Ryan. To chop inside and play a defence-splitting go like that at 16 years outdated exhibits good imaginative and prescient and exhibits Ryan's promise.

Hamilton Accies boss John Rankin through the defeat to Dundee

"I believed he was good and made an actual impression within the recreation.

"He has obtained a profession forward of him and it's one we're wanting ahead to being a part of, however we want the skilled gamers like Lewis Spence, Miko Virtanen, Andy Ryan to come back again [from injury] and assist him together with his growth.

"He wants steerage on the pitch in addition to off it."

Ninth-place Accies - who've only one win in eight Championship video games - now journey to Cappielow to face eighth-place Morton on Saturday.

Comply with Lanarkshire Stay Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the most recent sports activities information, photos and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post