Former Washington Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone reacted positively to an commercial within the Arizona gubernatorial race centered across the mom of deceased Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, including that GOP candidate Kari Lake is “a chunk of shit.”
The advert, produced by the Republican Accountability Challenge, exhibits Gladys Sicknick calling Lake “very harmful for our nation,” partly as a result of she “continues to unfold the ‘Massive Lie.’”
Lake, who even complained about the voting system in her personal major earlier than she received, has supported false claims in regards to the 2020 election. She is endorsed by former President Donald Trump.
“We’re going to have extra violence as a result of individuals — they imagine no matter she says,” Sicknick continued. “My son died due to individuals like Kari Lake.”
Fanone, who was crushed by Trump supporters and suffered a coronary heart assault, praised the advert.
“I’ve gotten to know Mrs. Sicknick fairly effectively, and I assumed that was a strong advert,” he instructed MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace on Tuesday. “I feel she’s on the market attempting to do what we’re all attempting to do right here, which is convey accountability for Jan. 6. And I additionally help the truth that Kari Lake is a chunk of shit. So I’m glad she did that advert.”
Fanone, having joined different officers in testifying publicly earlier than the Jan. 6 Home Committee final yr, has been criticized by considered one of Lake’s most listened to cable information supporters. Tucker Carlson, who has minimized the severity of the Jan. 6 riot and gushed over a few of its individuals, as soon as laughed off Fanone’s description of his PTSD.
Fanone stated in September that through the trial of Kyle Younger, considered one of his attackers, Younger’s mom and others close by referred to as him a “piece of shit” — maybe influenced by commentary like Carlson’s.