Celebrity MasterChef finalists discuss their biggest fears ahead of grand finale

Superstar MasterChef finalists Danny Jones, Lisa Snowdon and Melanie Blatt have spoken of their hopes and fears forward of the grand finale on Thursday evening.

Twenty contestants have been whittled down to 3 over six weeks of cookery challenges and eliminations.

The ultimate will see them current a three-course meal in two hours that shall be judged by Gregg Wallace and John Torode, in a bid to win the coveted MasterChef title.

John Torode and Gregg Wallace were joined by Dame Mary Berry during the series (Shine TV Production/PA)
John Torode and Gregg Wallace had been joined by Dame Mary Berry in the course of the collection (Shine TV Manufacturing/PA)

McFly singer Jones, 36, mentioned: “On the closing you’ve acquired nothing to lose, I wished to make all the pieces style, look and be offered nearly as good as I practised it in order that I made an excellent impression of myself as a finalist.

“My greatest concern was to get my lamb completely cooked.”

Jones additionally mirrored on turning into mates with the opposite contestants, saying: “The final six or seven turned actually shut as we had been a smaller group and we had been going by the identical expertise by way of the strain, and we supported one another and helped one another.

“If one in all us had been anxious about one thing we’d assist them out, so it was fairly good having that. Some good wholesome competitors.”

TV presenter Snowdon, 50, mentioned she was most terrified of “the jeopardy of cooking duck” in the course of the closing.

She added: “I’d beforehand cooked (Irish chef) Anna Haugh’s dish, which was duck and waffle. I acquired it out of the oven and minimize it right away – it didn’t have time to relaxation.

“That was a giant studying curve, so I mentioned to myself, ‘If I get by to the ultimate I’m going to cook dinner duck’.

“I knew all eyes can be on me and that Gregg can be like, ‘Actually? You’re going to try this once more whenever you messed it up earlier than?’”

Pop singer Blatt, who was a member of All Saints, was additionally requested about her fears for the ultimate, and replied: “The whole lot – completely all the pieces.”

The 47-year-old mentioned her spotlight of the collection had been when Dame Mary Berry made a shock look in the course of the semi-finals stage.

This 12 months’s cohort of well-known names additionally included former boxing champion Chris Eubank, TV presenter Kirsty Gallacher, former pro-footballer Jimmy Bullard and actor Ryan Thomas.

The ultimate of Superstar MasterChef airs on BBC One on September 22 at 8.30pm.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post