Hamilton mum urges women to follow their instinct after stage three cervical cancer diagnosis

A Hamilton mum is urging different girls to comply with their intestine intuition in the case of their well being after being identified with stage three cervical most cancers simply weeks after giving start.

Nicola Cameron began to expertise continuous recognizing and cramping again in January 2021 and was in important ache for a number of months main as much as her being pregnant.

Medical doctors at first thought that the then 27-year-old initially had a cervical ectropion, the place cells that line the within of your cervix develop on the skin, inflicting such signs.

Nevertheless, simply weeks later Nicola then found she was anticipating a child and the signs had been put right down to her being pregnant. However, in January of this 12 months after giving start to a wholesome child woman, Nicola was nonetheless experiencing signs together with horrific again ache and decrease belly ache that was put right down to having had a C-section.

Nicola and her household then started to note weight reduction, triggering her to as soon as once more make one other appointment with the physician.

The 29-year-old instructed Lanarkshire Dwell : "The ache was getting worse and worse by the day and I simply knew it could not be right down to the being pregnant as I had by no means heard of anybody feeling this manner earlier than, all through and after the start. It simply did not really feel proper in any respect.

Nicola throughout her being pregnant and earlier than discovering out she had stage three cervical most cancers (Picture: Contributed)

"The docs and well being customer put it right down to scar tissue after my daughter was born however once I began to drop pounds quickly I used to be starting to get frightened.

"I had been on about 16 painkillers a day for the reason that center of Could and ultimately ended up in A&E one night the place they thought I had an abscess, however then found the tumour."

Heartbreakingly, well being care professionals then instructed Nicola the tumour had unfold to the wall of her womb, her pelvis and probably her lymph nodes and he or she would require months of remedy together with chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

Former Hamilton Grammar pupil Nicola added: "They suppose that my being pregnant hid the tumour for all these months. I had so many blood exams completed and was in fixed ache and on medicine and it is onerous to suppose that it was missed for all that point. However I really feel optimistic and I am embracing the entire course of - I even shaved off my hair earlier than it began to fall out from the remedy.

"I've had plenty of incredible help from my associate and our households and my work colleagues at Hamilton Nando's have been wonderful too. They've raised round £3000 for the Beatson Most cancers charity who're supporting me, and its help like this that's serving to me battle via this - after all I've to battle this for my daughter too.

"I urge anybody who is aware of that one thing is just not proper with their physique to take heed to their intestine intuition and preserve pushing for solutions. I dread to suppose what would occur to me had I not gone to A&E that evening again in Could of this 12 months.

"I simply knew that it was greater than scar tissue and being pregnant associated and I am now coping with the largest battle of my life so please in the event you recognise any of those signs, prepare a docs appointment asap - it might be a matter of life and demise!"

And do you knowLanarkshire Dwellis on Fb? Why not head toour web pageand provides us a like and share.

*Do not miss the newest headlines from round Lanarkshire. Signal as much as our newslettersright here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post