England’s Liz Young claims first LET title with victory at Swiss Ladies Open

England’s Liz Younger shot a final-round 69 on the VP Financial institution Swiss Women Open to safe her first victory on the Women European Tour.

Young completed on 12 underneath par at at Golfpark Holzhausern in Risch-Rotkreuz to win by one stroke from Sweden’s Linn Grant.

Fellow Englishwoman Rosie Davies was a shot additional behind after a final-round 70.

Younger, the in a single day chief, recovered from a bogey on the primary to re-establish her credentials with birdies on the third and seventh. After narrowly avoiding going out of bounds and saving par on the tenth, she then took a two-stroke lead with additional birdies on the eleventh and 14th.

Grant made a late cost with three successive birdies from the fifteenth to seventeenth however pars on the final 4 holes proved sufficient for Younger to carry on.

Younger, who's in her 14th season on tour, stated: “I can’t consider it proper now. I’ve been out right here some time and haven’t had the win but, so to do it right here in Switzerland is simply unbelievable.

“I knew my recreation was coming collectively and I used to be getting higher and higher. That’s why I’m nonetheless out right here. I hope my daughter is watching.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post