Woman ‘woke to find footballer Benjamin Mendy on top of her’, court told

A younger lady tearfully instructed detectives how she awakened in mattress with Manchester Metropolis footballer Benjamin Mendy raping her.

The lady, aged 19 on the time, stated she had been consuming champagne with Mendy, his associates and different younger girls at China White evening membership in Manchester, earlier than returning to the footballer’s Cheshire mansion.

After spending time within the swimming pool, she turned sleepy and went as much as a high ground bed room on the home owned by Mendy, 28, in Mottram St Andrew close to Prestbury.

She modified out of the bikini she had introduced together with her and into her underwear and fell asleep, alone, within the double mattress.

I woke as much as discover Ben on high of me, however I used to be on my facet. It was horrificPolice interview performed to court docket

In her police interview, performed to jurors, the lady, breaking down in tears, stated: “I woke as much as discover Ben on high of me, however I used to be on my facet. It was horrific, I used to be on my interval.

“I keep in mind 5 seconds of it and him placing a towel underneath me. I keep in mind saying, ‘No. I’m on my interval’.”

The lady, who described herself as “out of it” or “6/10” drunk, is requested if there was “any likelihood” Mendy may have thought she wished to have intercourse with him that evening.

She replied: “No, as a result of I don’t know him that effectively.”

The lady stated two or three months earlier than the alleged rape, she had intercourse with Mendy, “like a one-night factor” however that she was sober and it was consensual.

Beneath cross-examination, Eleanor Legal guidelines QC, defending Mendy, advised her account of what occurred, waking as much as discover Mendy raping her, was the “very same” allegation made by her buddy, who the footballer can be accused of raping the identical night.

The witness replied: “I've not spoken to her.”

Mendy denies the rape, within the early hours of July 24, 2021, together with the rape of two different younger girls over the identical 24-hour interval at his residence.

He additionally denies 5 different counts of rape, one tried rape and a sexual assault, all referring to seven younger girls, between October 2018 and August final 12 months.

His co-accused, Louis Saha Matturie, 41, of Eccles, Salford, denies eight counts of rape and 4 counts of sexual assault, referring to eight younger girls.

Prosecutors allege Mendy is a “predator” who turned the pursuit of girls for intercourse right into a recreation.

Matturie, 41, Mendy’s buddy and fixer, had the job of discovering younger girls for intercourse, it's alleged.

Each males deny any offences and say if any intercourse did happen with girls or women it was consensual.

The trial at Chester Crown Courtroom continues.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post