Tom Rogic explains post Celtic career struggles as West Brom recruit opens up on 'time to reflect'

West Brom recruit Tom Rogic admits he wanted "time to mirror" on his profession after leaving Celtic on the finish of the title-winning Scottish Premiership season.

The Aussie playmaker has been a free agent since pulling the curtain down on a trophy-laden spell in Glasgow's east finish after a profession spanning nearly 10 years with the Hoops. Many anticipated the 29-year-old midfielder to have a transfer lined up having impressed underneath Ange Postecoglou final time period, however Rogic remained a free agent as he knocked again curiosity from Indonesia and the A-League.

Socceroos boss Graham Arnold additionally warned Rogic that he was risking his spot in Australia's World Cup squad if he remained a free agent within the run as much as Qatar 2022. Nevertheless, the Celtic hero has lastly put an finish to hypothesis over his future by penned at one-year-deal on the Hawthorns as he seems to be to assist Steve Bruce's aspect climb the English Championship desk after only one win from their first eight video games.

Former Celtic star Tom Rogic after signing for West Brom (Picture: WBA)

Rogic has admitted he was in no rush to signal for a membership after leaving Celtic as he took his time to plot the proper transfer. He added that it was his selection to go away the Scottish champions to discover a "change of surroundings."

Rogic instructed the West Brom membership web site: “I heard in regards to the membership’s curiosity in me a few week in the past. I spoke with the supervisor, who looks like a extremely good man, and I spoke with my agent and right here we're. I used to be in search of a change of surroundings and a recent problem. I didn’t simply need to rush into something.

"It was necessary for me to take my time and ensure my subsequent membership was the proper membership. I had a while to mirror and I now really feel refreshed and re-energised and excited in regards to the future. I’m actually trying ahead to getting began at Albion. It’s honest to say the staff hasn’t obtained the outcomes the performances have warranted to this point this season. I do know that the supervisor and the boys need to change that as shortly as attainable.”

READ NEXT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post