Livingston boss jokes ace Cristian Montano must have 'twin brother' after improved performances this season

David Martindale joked that Cristian Montano's recreation has improved a lot since final season that it should have been his twin brother who arrived again from the summer season break.

The Colombian full-back has been reworked this time period with a string of effective performances at left-back. And his strike in Saturday's 1-0 victory over Hearts was the second time this marketing campaign that he is grabbed the one objective of the sport.

The ex-Port Vale and Bristol Rovers huge participant struggled with health and accidents throughout his first marketing campaign in Scotland which noticed him restricted to simply seven begins within the league.

Now the Lions gaffer believes he is lastly getting the sort of shows he was anticipating.

He mentioned: "I feel that’s Cristian’s twin brother. I am not shocked however I anticipated that degree from him final 12 months. When he got here up I wasn’t positive he was a left-back however thought he seemed good as a winger. I spoke to him and he mentioned he would fairly play increased up the park.

"However that most likely explains why each supervisor he is had has put him at left-back. It took him 12 months to regulate to the type of soccer, the depth and the coaching masses.

"In England they do not actually do any gymnasium work due to the schedule and even in a training sense you do not get loads of time however we do heaps, each on the park and visible stuff. We put loads of element into it and provides them loads of data.

"I feel he has actually kicked on this 12 months however that’s the participant I anticipated six to 12 weeks into the season final 12 months.

“It’s simply unlucky I needed to pay his wages for 12 months however I feel he is undoubtedly been probably the greatest gamers this season. I am truthfully delighted with him."

Do not miss the newest information from the West Lothian Courier. Signal as much as our free e-newsletter right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post