West Lothian boxer wins Commonwealth Games gold medal

Fauldhouse boxer Reese Lynch is Commonwealth Video games champion after profitable his gentle welterweight gold medal bout in Birmingham.

The 21-year-old sealed the deal because of a 4-1 cut up resolution over Richarno Colin of Mauritius this afternoon.

Lynch - who defeated 2018 gold medallist Junais Jonas within the quarter-final - outboxed his opponent within the first two rounds to make sure he merely wanted to keep away from hazard within the last spherical to safe his gold medal.

However a head conflict noticed a wound open up above his eye. Fortunately, he recovered and though he misplaced the spherical, he convincingly sealed the gold medal.

Chatting with Boxing Scotland after the bout, he stated: "I acquired there and I completed it the exhausting manner. I can say that I acquired the gold medal the exhausting manner for the remainder of my life.

“I'm completely buzzing to be sincere, I beat 4 Olympians to get right here. I beat a number of the prime boys, the Indian was superb and had 5 Asian medals and World medals.

“I've beat the most effective boys on the weight to get right here, and I'm proud of my performances.”

Lynch turns into the third West Lothian athlete to win a medal on the Commonwealth Video games after gymnast Shannon Archer received bronze within the vault and Livingston swimmer Craig Benson was a part of the bronze medal profitable 4x100m medley relay squad.

Do not miss the newest information from the West Lothian Courier. Signal as much as our free e-newsletter right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post