A person arrested after a Scottish Lib Dem councillor reported being assaulted whereas out leafleting has been launched with out cost.
Councillor Kevin Lang mentioned he was “very shaken up” after being confronted by a person “hurling verbal abuse” at him as he was delivering leaflets in South Queensferry at about 11.10am on Sunday.
Lang, who leads the Lib Dem group on Edinburgh metropolis council, alleged the person “put his hand as much as my throat and he then pushed the leaflet down the highest of my shirt”.
Police later mentioned they arrested a 65-year-old man in reference to the incident.
On Monday, a spokeswoman for Police Scotland mentioned: “The particular person has been launched with out cost and inquiries at the moment are full.”
Responding to this on Monday, Mr Lang mentioned he was very grateful to police who responded so shortly to the incident.
He mentioned: “I’ve been touched by the various messages of sympathy and help, not simply from different Liberal Democrats however from councillors and parliamentarians in all the opposite main political events.
“Individually, I'm decided to get on with the job folks have elected me to do.
“I really like being a councillor so I’ll be again out in my ward all through this week serving my constituents.”
To enroll to the Every day Report Politics publication, click on right here.