Livingston boss David Martindale says he instructed Cristian Montano at half-time that he'd win the sport for the Lions.
Simply three minutes into the second half, the Colombian bagged his first purpose for the membership with a shocking 20-yard strike past Mark Birighitti as Livi picked up the factors in a 1-0 win over Dundee United this afternoon.
It was a uncommon second of magic in an in any other case largely forgettable sport because the away aspect have been in a position to get their account up and operating this season with their first factors of the season.
And Martindale says he spoke to the goalscorer at half-time and instructed him he'd win the sport.
He commented: "I stated to Cristian at half time you’re going to win the sport for us — and he went and received the sport for us.
‘Final season with Cristian I didn’t get the participant I believed I had recruited. It took him some time to adapt to Scottish soccer and the coaching and enjoying masses as a result of it’s totally different from League Two in England.
"It’s taken him some time to adapt however he’s come again this summer season and he’s been prime notch.
"I’m actually glad for Cristian - or is it Mr Montano? I believed he did rather well for us at the moment."
Martindale admitted United's European exploits on Thursday evening could have had an influence on their show, including that they caught the Terrors at a 'good time' however believes at the moment's opposition are on target.
He stated: "They’ve come off the again of an enormous European sport and that actually helped us. We have in all probability obtained them at an excellent time. I’m not going to say in any other case.
"I feel it performs an enormous half as a result of it’s tough particularly when United aren’t acclimatised to European soccer but. I’d think about they could carry extra gamers in to have extra squad depth however I feel Mr Ross and Mr Fox and Mr Asghar are doing a very good job at this membership and you may see it’s a membership with an upwards trajectory."
Do not miss the most recent information from the West Lothian Courier. Signal as much as our free e-newsletter right here