George Greatest’s ex-wife Alex says she discovered his ghost “comforting and loving” and wouldn’t thoughts if his spirit returned to hang-out her.
The former mannequin (50) has revealed she lastly had her 200-year residence in Surrey exorcised of her former husband’s ghoul, years after it began “taking part in pranks” on her from the day she moved into the home in 2014.
In an incredible coincidence, ghost-hunters who purged the house of the soccer icon’s spirit discovered a second ghost – of a person additionally known as George Greatest – was haunting her on the home.
They instructed Alex the marginally extra sinister presence she was feeling in the home earlier this yr belonged to a George Greatest who lived beside her cottage within the early twentieth Century.
Distressingly for Alex, in addition they discovered the second George Greatest had a daughter known as Lilly who drowned aged six in a close-by properly – who Alex was satisfied was haunting her residence.
In an unique interview from her Surrey residence, she mentioned: “My George and the opposite George Greatest are gone now the paranormal workforce used sage to eliminate them.
“But it surely doesn’t hassle me if their presences come again – it’s by no means been a horrible factor.
“It’s all the time been a peaceable factor actually. I’ve felt actually loving issues on this home from them.
“However it's simply bizarre what they discovered with the opposite George, and this place is haunted, huge time.”
Alex’s ghost hunters used sage burning methods to rid the home of all three spirits.
It’s a way paranormal investigators reckon is likely one of the “oldest and purest strategies of cleaning an individual, group of individuals or house and of eliminating undesirable spirits”, in keeping with exorcism guides.
Alex mentioned: “Afterwards, I felt nothing – they haven’t been again.”
Earlier than the ghosts left, she added investigators caught George on tape saying “Sorry”.
Alex mentioned: “He may have been saying sorry for something and to everyone.
“I used to be actually emotional after I heard that, to be sincere.”
She has been reluctant to say something publicly about her experiences as she feared she can be savaged by “sceptics”.
That is the primary time she has opened up concerning the exorcism clearing her residence of the ghosts, and her feeling of “aid” footballer George’s ghost can now relaxation in peace.
She says despite the fact that she is aware of the 2 George Greatest that have been “purged” earlier this yr might return, she doubts she's going to ever depart her cottage.
Her ghost-hunters discovered census information displaying a George Greatest lived beside her home in 1902, along with his daughter Lilly drowning in a close-by properly which is talked about within the Doomsday Guide.
Paperwork uncovered by the paranormal workforce confirmed the opposite George Greatest was born to a household who lived at Alex’s home, and positioned him at a now-gone cottage known as Elsmore that was subsequent to hers.
Relationship again to the Doomsday guide, the village of Kingswood, Surrey, the place Alex says she intends to dwell out her days, is famend for pagan rituals, with myths of witches and werewolves filling its folklore.
The properly the place George’s daughter Lilly drowned in now Alex’s native – with the water-drawing spot preserved beside the pub.
She mentioned: “I see it on a regular basis after I’m strolling my canine – it’s actually unhappy to consider what occurred to Lilly.”
Alex mentioned her ex-husband’s ghost exercise primarily concerned shifting heavy furnishings whereas she slept and hiding objects of her clothes together with belts.
She added: “It will have taken three folks to maneuver the items of furnishings I discovered moved after I wakened, and I may see monitor marks the place it had been moved.
“A extremely heavy chest of drawers obtained moved, and I might have garments go lacking I knew ought to have been the place I left them, then they might flip up just a few weeks afterward prime of the chest of drawers.”
After overcoming her preliminary shock, Alex mentioned she got here to the conclusion George’s spectre was as a lot of a “fun-loving prankster” as he had been when he was alive.
She admitted the presence of the opposite George Greatest detected by paranormal investigators and his tragic drowned daughter felt extra “mischievous” than the spirit of her ex-husband.
However Alex insisted she nonetheless didn’t really feel frightened sufficient of them to wish to transfer home.
Regardless of saying she wouldn't thoughts if all three spirits got here again to hang-out her, Alex added she is “relieved” her former husband’s ghoul seems to have gone as she believes it means he's at relaxation.
She mentioned: “I might hate it if I used to be lifeless to nonetheless be hanging round – I might wish to go straight by to the opposite facet, immediately.
“There’s no manner I might wish to be hanging round without end, so I feel it’s good these three folks have moved on – relaxation in peace.”
She says she has “all the time believed there's a past” as she is “intuitive” about non secular issues.
Alex was married to the previous Manchester United footballer for 9 years earlier than they divorced in 2004.
Her first encounter along with his spirit got here following the footballer icon’s burial on third December 2005, after his loss of life aged simply 59 following a lifelong battle with booze.
On the day of his farewell, Alex was staying at a resort in Belfast and as she was leaving she mentioned the faucets and bathe all of a sudden burst into life – leaving her and a pal terrified.
Mannequin turned property developer Alex added she liked George regardless of their turbulent marriage – and all the time will.
She wed the previous Northern Eire worldwide in 1995, changing into his second spouse, however their marriage was ruined by his failure to overcome his alcoholism, even after he had a liver transplant.
Alex mentioned about having nothing extra to say to his spirit: “I mentioned my peace when he was in hospital.
“They are saying the listening to is the very last thing to go, so earlier than they turned off his life assist, I mentioned my peace, and instructed him, ‘I like you, and I all the time will’.”
She provides George and herself had a “robust religion”, with the troubled footballer maintaining a bible by the facet of his mattress.
Alex mentioned their son Calum, 41, has been into crystals for years and is “very non secular”, however she has “by no means broached the topic of George’s ghost with him”.
She added she hates that she has been trolled prior to now for saying she has felt George’s presence – with even the footballer’s household again in Northern Eire dismissing it as “nonsense”.
Alex added she was once as “sceptical as the following individual” however did checks on her pipes and electrics in her Surrey cottage earlier than concluding she was being haunted.
She mentioned: “I don’t need this to come back throughout like I’m mad or something, however it's haunted and issues have been very unusual.”
George’s alcoholism left his liver completely broken, and he had undergone a liver transplant at London's Cromwell Hospital in 2002.
After going again on the drink he appeared jaundiced and gaunt earlier than dying on the similar hospital the place he had his transplant after struggling catastrophic organ failure.