Andrew Garfield ‘bothered by the misconception’ surrounding method acting

Andrew Garfield says he's “bothered by the misunderstanding” surrounding methodology performing, saying that the method is about “residing honestly”.

The Spider-Man actor, 39, stated those who claimed the apply was “bullshit” didn't know what it was, and stated he had “wild, trippy experiences” whereas making ready for roles.

Talking to Marc Maron’s WTF podcast, he stated: “There’s been a whole lot of misconceptions about what methodology performing is.

“Persons are nonetheless performing in that approach, and it’s not about being an asshole to everybody on set.

I’m sort of bothered by the misunderstanding, I’m sort of bothered by this concept that ‘methodology performing is f****** bullshit.'Andrew Garfield

“It’s really nearly residing honestly below imagined circumstances, and being very nice to the crew concurrently, and being a standard human being, and with the ability to drop it when it's worthwhile to and staying in it while you need to keep in it.

He continued: “I’m sort of bothered by the misunderstanding, I’m sort of bothered by this concept that ‘methodology performing is f****** bullshit.’

“I don’t suppose you recognize what methodology performing is if you happen to’re calling it bullshit, otherwise you’ve simply labored with somebody who claims to be a way actor however really isn’t performing the tactic in any respect.

“It’s additionally very personal, I feel the method…I don’t need folks to see the pipes of my bathroom, how the sausage is made.”

Talking about his preparations for his position Martin Scorsese’s 2016 movie Silence, he revealed he had fasted and abstained from intercourse over a six-month interval.

“It was very cool, man,” he stated stated.

“I had some fairly wild, trippy experiences from ravenous myself of intercourse and meals for that time period.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post