A person embezzled greater than £120,000 from his significantly in poor health girlfriend and secretly married one other girl at a “plush resort”, a courtroom has heard. William Dunn allegedly took money from Lynda Grant’s accounts whereas she suffered from life-threatening situations - then wed Karen Dolan with out her data.
Nurse Lynda, who labored on the Beatson West of Scotland Most cancers Centre, spent round two years in hospital and a care house. She suffered a collection of difficult well being points and a mind harm, a jury was informed.
Prosecutors declare Dunn, 69, pocketed the cash after being granted Energy of Legal professional over Lynda, 63. He denies embezzling £122,027.15 between Might 26, 2015, and March 1, 2017, “whereas holding the positions of Persevering with Legal professional and Welfare Legal professional” over Lynda.

The courtroom heard Lynda had moved in with Dunn at his house in Elderslie, Renfrewshire, and that they deliberate to spend the remainder of their lives collectively.
The jury at Paisley Sheriff Courtroom heard that she informed her kids to ensure Dunn was “okay” for cash if she died, suggesting giving him £40,000. However the courtroom heard he obtained married to a different girl at “pretty, plush resort”, leaving Lynda and her grownup kids shocked.
Her daughter Gillian McCormick, 36, revealed they found the brand new romance on Hogmanay 2016, after her mum had left the care house.

The cafe proprietor informed the courtroom: “I discovered a photograph on Fb on New Yr’s Eve of all days - a photograph of William together with his bride. They have been standing beside the cake in a really pretty, plush resort.”
Advocate Joseph Barr, defending, informed Lynda that Dunn claims he had a dialogue together with her and her son about “minimising” her belongings and avoiding care house prices. Dunn additionally claims he invested cash on her behalf, the courtroom was informed.
Nonetheless Lynda claimed to haven't any recollection of the dialog or signing the Energy of Legal professional doc, which allowed him to manage her funds.
She stated: “I don’t keep in mind that. I wouldn’t have wished an funding - I don’t do issues like that. I’m not dishonest, I wouldn’t cheat anybody out of something, if I discovered a fiver I’d hand it in to the police station.”
The witness informed prosecutor David McDonald that when she began feeling higher she checked out her accounts for the primary time in months and observed then that the majority of her cash had disappeared.
Lynda informed the courtroom: “I’m skint now. I can’t keep in mind an actual determine [of how much was left in my accounts when I came out of the care home], it was most likely a number of hundred. The cash that I ought to’ve had from the sale of my home and my financial savings, that was gone.”
And when requested by Mr McDonald if she had spoken about decreasing her belongings and avoiding care house charges, she stated: “I’d by no means have achieved that. I've no recollection of any dialog about that.”
The trial, earlier than Sheriff Bruce Erroch QC, continues.
Do not miss the most recent information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our each day e-newsletter right here.