Perthshire golfer Gregor Graham bounces back from injury with Dutch Junior Open win

Perthshire golfer Gregor Graham hit high kind on the weekend to assert the Dutch Junior Open title in model.

The Blairgowrie member produced brilliance at Toxandria Golf Membership to complete three photographs away from his nearest challenger.

Graham (18) carded impressively constant rounds of 68, 69, 68 and 69 for a 13-under par complete, which ensured he remained above second-placed Oscar Holm Bredkjaer of Denmark.

This victory was additional particular for Graham, who has been on the street to restoration from a irritating damage picked whereas out at Midland Faculty in America.

“I tore a part of my Achilles tendon on the left facet,” Graham defined. “I’ve been on and off all 12 months since January.

“It has been a reasonably tough 12 months to this point. I got here dwelling early from America and began therapy on it.

“I used to be taking part in in America on a regular basis after which that was taken away due to the damage.

“I nonetheless get little niggles, however it’s getting there and, to be sincere, I’m simply pleased that I’m really taking part in.

“Total, it was simply superb to get a win once more. It was a enjoyable expertise and the match was so cool.”

Crisp wedge play and a sizzling putter ensured Graham’s title remained on the high of the leaderboard.

“Initially of the week I struggled a bit of with getting used to the swing,” he admitted. “It was a bit of uncomfortable.

“However after a few days I used to be dialled in with my wedges. My wedge play and placing was actually good.

“Even when I hit a few free tee photographs, I used to be nonetheless capable of capitalise. I may’ve been even decrease as a result of I used to be giving myself so many alternatives.”

It was double delight within the Netherlands as, within the ladies’ occasion, Scotland’s Carmen Griffiths additionally took high honours.

Graham mentioned: “It’s all the time good to see others from the nation doing effectively.”

Graham’s triumph capped off a tremendous couple of weeks for the household on the golf course after youthful brother Connor (15) stunningly received the Junior Open at Monifieth.

“It's completely superb for Connor and I’m so happy with him,” he instructed the PA.

“What he's doing this 12 months has simply been so good to see. I like when the household is doing effectively.

“I’m pleased that I used to be capable of get a win too so he can’t have all of the bragging rights!”

After a brief break this week, Graham will quickly be again in motion on the Scottish Males’s.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post