Not Far? Leave the Car campaign has inspired dad to ditch his motor in favour of his bike and the bus

A Paisley dad has ditched his automobile after being impressed by Renfrewshire Council’s Not Far? Go away the Automotive marketing campaign.

This sees individuals earn factors each time they stroll, wheel, cycle or use public transport and these will be was £5, £10 and £20 Renfrewshire reward playing cards.

When Stephen Dock discovered in regards to the initiative , it was the push he wanted to make an enormous change in his life – and it’s one he’s not wanting again from.

The council’s new marketing campaign was the driving drive behind Stephen's determination to ditch the automobile for his bike and set a optimistic instance for his two younger sons, Jack and Jude.

Stephen stated: “I discovered the marketing campaign to be very motivational because it provides one other good purpose to cycle, stroll or use public transport, and having the ability to see what I've achieved every day is rewarding.

Stephen has ditched 4 wheels for 2 (Picture: Unknown, Submitted)

“I believed I'd do a check run of not utilizing my automobile in any respect and primarily use my bike and public transport when required to see the way it went. Commuting for me entails biking to the practice station, getting the practice after which biking to the hospital. I exploit the bus every now and then, however the majority of the time is biking.

Do not miss the most recent headlines from round Renfrewshire. Signal as much as our newsletters right here.

“My bike nonetheless permits me to do the nursery and college run, have days out utilizing the cycle path and go to household and buddies. After 4 weeks, I had gone from utilizing my automobile every day to as soon as per week and it was then I made a decision to ditch the automobile altogether.

“The top result's now that I've bought my automobile and now solely use my bike and public transport.”

With Jack and Jude travelling without spending a dime on buses as a part of the Scottish Authorities’s free bus journey for under-23s scheme, it’s been simple for Stephen to journey with no automobile and much more in order Jack’s excited to get on his bike at each alternative.

“I've two sons who've actually needed to get entangled as I used to drive them round, however my oldest son Jack, who's 9, now cycles with me when we have to go locations and I do my finest to maintain up!

“My youngest son Jude is 2 so isn’t fairly large enough to cycle with us himself but, however he goes into a child's seat on the again of my bike and loves it a lot that it’s now his most popular mode of transport.

"When we have to use public transport for longer journeys, Jack and Jude each journey without spending a dime on buses, so we save on prices and it’s nice to journey collectively as a household in a sustainable approach.”

Not Far? Go away the Automotive rewards folks for taking sustainable journeys with factors that may then be exchanged for reductions or freebies from greater than 100 native companies in Renfrewshire.

Stephen’s racking up the factors day-after-day and the marketing campaign has inspired him to go to extra native companies in Renfrewshire as he seems to spend domestically at any time when attainable.

Greater than 750 folks like Stephen are actually signed as much as the marketing campaign and are getting more healthy and being rewarded for leaving the automobile at house.

The free app works similar to a sport or health watch and individuals can select to trace their journeys themselves or do that robotically, with all sustainable journeys rewarded with factors.

To join free, go to www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/leavethecar.

Obtain the FREE Renfrewshire Stay app now for all the most recent information, options and sport in your space.

Out there on each Android and Apple. Download right here:smarturl.it/RenfrewLiveSocial

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post