Wishaw man almost lost his leg after being 'hit by a car'

A Wishaw man is going through a year-long restoration after being "hit by a automotive" on a busy Cambusnethan street.

Kieran Glasgow has additionally been pressured to stop his job after each bones in his left leg had been damaged through the incident on Could 12.

Talking from his hospital mattress in Glasgow’s Royal Infirmary, 26-year-old Kieran outlined his lengthy street to restoration.

Obtain the Lanarkshire Stay app immediately

The Lanarkshire Stay app is out there to obtain now.

Get all of the information out of your space – in addition to options, leisure, sport and the newest on Lanarkshire’s restoration from the coronavirus pandemic – straight to your fingertips, 24/7.

The free obtain options the newest breaking information and unique tales, and means that you can customise your web page to the sections that matter most to you.

Head to the App Retailer and by no means miss a beat in Lanarkshire - iOS - Android

He stated: “I don’t really feel good in any respect, my leg is in bits.

“I keep in mind strolling right down to the Auld Hoose pub, the place I used to be going to fulfill my mates and the following factor I knew I used to be screaming in agony. A lady got here out to see me immediately.

“She advised me to not look down however I did and I might see my bone by the pores and skin.

“I used to be taken to Wishaw Basic the place I had an operation and now I’m within the Royal with scaffolding round my leg.

“The medical doctors weren’t positive if I might be capable of preserve the leg as a result of I had misplaced an inch and a half of bone.

Kieran's leg after the incident (Picture: WSH])

“Now they're saying I can however the bone has to develop again and I’ll have this scaffolding round my leg for six months.

“I labored in a manufacturing facility in Larkhall and I’ve needed to stop that job. It’s going to be an extended street again and I don’t see the top in sight.”

Kieran’s mum Lauramarie admits it has been a troublesome time for her son and the remainder of her household.

She additionally admits she was terrified on the prospect of her son dropping a leg.

“I’m far and wide for the time being,” stated Lauramarie.

“For the primary few days I used to be numb, it was terrifying.

“Kieran’s head is far and wide for the time being. Once I take into consideration what occurred it makes me actually emotional.

“He's working along with his physio however it'll be an extended street again for him.”

A Police Scotland spokesperson stated: “We had been known as round 11pm on Thursday, Could 12, to a report of a pedestrian being hit by a automotive in Cambusnethan Road, Wishaw.

“A 26-year-old man sustained a severe leg harm and was taken to College Hospital Wishaw by ambulance.

“Enquiries had been carried out and the motive force of the automotive was arrested in reference to the incident. He has been charged and a report has been despatched to the Procurator Fiscal.”

* Do not miss the newest headlines from round Lanarkshire. Signal as much as our newsletters right here.

And do you know Lanarkshire Stay is on Fb? Head on over and provides us a like and share!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post