Vasilis Barkas says he’s thrilled to be returning residence after sealing a cope with FC Utrecht.
The 28-year-old has escaped the Parkhead fringes to affix the Dutch outfit on a season-long mortgage settlement.
Barkas is delighted on the alternative to kickstart his profession after his big-money £4.5 million swap from AEK Athens to Glasgow turned bitter.
Nevertheless, the keeper has an extra purpose to be excited in regards to the switch because it takes him again to his roots.
Barkas was born within the Dutch city of Zetten and mentioned: “My mom is from right here so I’m actually joyful that I got here again.
“The final time I used to be right here to go to Holland was 18 years in the past, so it’s been a very long time. So I can’t wait to satisfy some individuals right here, and to see the Dutch philosophy, the meals. I’m actually excited.”
Preliminary negotiations between the golf equipment has seen Barkas’ transfer put in place for one yr.
Experiences in Greece have acknowledged that Utrecht agreed to pay round two-thirds of the participant’s wages to make the transfer occur and get him out of Parkhead.
It's also recommended that, though there isn't a loan-to-buy possibility within the present deal, talks might resume once more on the finish of this settlement to make the transfer everlasting.

When subsequent season is over, Barkas will likely be shifting into the ultimate yr of his contract at Celtic after signing for 4 years in 2020.
Within the meantime, the keeper is solely in getting again onto the pitch and serving to Utrecht to hit their targets in 2022/23.
Barkas mentioned: “It’s actually wonderful. It’s an important honour for me to be at an important membership with good, loopy followers that I do know and in a extremely good league.
“So I really feel excited and I can’t wait to start out coaching with my new workforce.
"I wish to get myself to work and assist the workforce attempt to go so far as we are able to, to get European soccer once more, again the place we've got to be. And, after all, to play good soccer.”
Barkas had little likelihood of that includes sooner or later at Parkhead with Scott Bain signing a brand new contract as back-up to No.1 Joe Hart.
The Greek worldwide did not shine in his first season below Neil Lennon because the workforce struggled and he misplaced his place after a string of tentative performances.
Ange Postecoglou’s arrival after the departure of Lennon offered a second Celtic alternative, however, after beginning the Aussie’s first match in cost towards FC Midtjylland within the Champions League qualifiers, he was dropped once more for Bain earlier than the signing of Hart.
Barkas made one additional look for Postecoglou towards St Johnstone final Boxing Day, however now has a crack at reviving his stalled profession within the Eredivisie.
Regardless of wanting nervous and uncommanding throughout his outings for Celtic, Barkas had constructed a powerful fame previous to arrival throughout his time in Athens.
And, though he struggled for type at Parkhead, the stopper is adamant he can take his A recreation to Holland.
Utrecht Technical Director Jordy Zuidam spoke warmly in regards to the expertise, athleticism and reflexes of his membership’s seize in addition to his potential to disclaim strikers in one-on-one conditions as he welcomed the signing into the Stadion Galgenwaard.
Barkas additionally advised Utrecht’s TV channel: “I wish to play soccer, I wish to play exterior. I’m not the kind of goalkeeper who will keep on my line. So sure I want to play exterior.”