Tributes paid to 'diamond' Celtic fan who died after falling ill at Hoops convention in Las Vegas

Tributes have been paid to a Celtic superfan mum who died after being rushed to hospital from a membership conference in Las Vegas.

Ellen Cassidy, 54, had been given a shock most cancers analysis after falling unwell while on the Hoops occasion in America final week.

The Glasgow Sheriff Court docket employee's son, Kevin Martin, was on the point of fly to America to be by his mum's bedside on Thursday night time when he acquired a name to say she had tragically handed away.

Ellen at Celtic Park
Ellen Cassidy pictured at Celtic Park (Picture: Kevin Martin)

Ellen, from Springburn, was on a 10-day vacation with buddies when she began affected by ache close to her kidneys and excessive fatigue.

She was taken to Dawn Hospital and Medical Centre in Southern Nevada the place docs discovered gallbladder most cancers and eliminated the organ.

However the aggressive most cancers had already unfold to Ellen's lungs, kidneys and liver, and son Kevin, 32, was informed his mum would not have lengthy to reside.

He informed the Each day Report: "My mum at all times wished to be cremated so I will maintain a memorial mass after I deliver her house."

He added: "This has been probably the most tough week of my life.

"My mum flew to Vegas for a dream vacation and now I've to deliver her ashes house.

"She was so excited earlier than she left. By no means did I feel in 1,000,000 years it might have ended like this.

"It has been a horrendous few days."

Ellen's household and associates have been left heartbroken by her passing, with many taking to social media to pay their respects.

Buddy Anne Shaw mentioned "Such unhappy information, Kevin.

"Our ideas and prayers are with you and your loved ones. Your mum was a stunning woman, greatest needs, Anne and Tich."

Christopher Nelson added: "I’ve identified Ellen and Kevin for so long as I can bear in mind, she was a terrific chuckle to be round, by no means seen her with out a smile on her face.

"I’m gutted I’ve simply heard the unhappy information. Ellen and Kevin you are in my ideas and prayers."

Edward J Gough mentioned: "I'm so sorry to your loss. You'll by no means stroll alone."

Claire Thomson Little posted: "Awoke this morning to listen to the extraordinarily unhappy information about Ellen Cassidy. Completely gutted.

"RIP to now a diamond within the sky."

Workers on the Morven Bar in Springburn wrote: "Your ardour and zest for all times Was clear for the world to see.

"You the place probably the most brave lady i knew with the guts of strong gold.

"Relaxation in eternally peace my pal

"You'll be sadly missed."

A fundraising web page has been set-up to help Ellen's household at this tough time.

To donate click on right here.

Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our day by day e-newsletter right here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post