Teacher who spent her entire career at the same school says emotional farewell

Pupils, employees and oldsters bade an emotional goodbye to 2 academics who've retired from East Fulton Main after a mixed 64 years of service.

P1 trainer Kay Cowie has spent her total instructing profession on the Linwood faculty and is retiring after 47 years whereas head trainer Gillian Ward can be bidding a fond farewell after 17 years in cost.

Each ladies mentioned they’ve liked being a part of the East Fulton neighborhood and are leaving with many pleased recollections.

Do not miss the newest headlines from round Renfrewshire. Signal as much as our newsletters right here.

Kay mentioned: “I began right here and by no means left! It’s a credit score to the varsity households and neighborhood.

“I’ve been so fortunate, so lucky. It’s a brand new expertise yearly, you educate at totally different levels and totally different age teams.

“P1 is my favorite, they’re such wee characters, they’re so pleasant and greet you each morning with smiles and tales.

“They’re only a pleasure once you are available in within the morning, they make my day.

“They’re so totally different once they begin P1 to once they end. They develop into so impartial by the point the yr finishes, they know what to do.”

Kay, 67, who was introduced up in Linwood and now lives together with her husband in Paisley, mentioned she knew the time was proper for her to go this yr.

“I needed to complete on a standard faculty yr and though it’s not fairly regular, it’s as close to to regular because it has been,” she mentioned.

“After 47 years I wish to go earlier than I get too outdated and I really feel it’s the suitable time.”

She mentioned one of many greatest modifications to instructing in her time has been extra expertise within the classroom.

“Once I began there have been no computer systems in lecture rooms or entry to the web,” she mentioned. “It’s such a tremendous support to instructing. Moderately than making one thing your self to point out the youngsters, you'll find fabulous footage on-line that are so a lot better than I may do. It’s develop into an actual instrument.”

She added: “I’d wish to thank the employees for his or her help and oldsters for his or her belief. It’s been a privilege to take care of their kids.”

East Fulton Primary, Linwood
Headteacher Gillian Ward saying her "goodbyes" (Picture: Andrew Neil)

Headteacher Gillian Ward paid tribute to Kay.

She mentioned: “Mrs Cowie is East Fulton. She’s seen so many modifications and she or he is a improbable trainer.

“She’s been in P1 for a big share of that point and she or he’s instructing the grandchildren of the youngsters she taught.

“She’s an enormous loss to East Fulton. She by no means misplaced her enthusiasm or her work ethic and is a improbable mentor to the opposite youthful members of employees.

“She might be actually missed.”

Gillian began her instructing profession in 1984 in Port Glasgow earlier than shifting to West Main in Paisley then East Fulton in 2005.

She has a strolling vacation deliberate for August together with her husband and pals and plans to do extra travelling throughout her retirement.

“I’ve bought such blended feelings about it,” she mentioned. “You may’t depart after 17 years and never really feel it.

“Linwood is a superb neighborhood, I couldn’t have wished for a greater head trainer place.

“I’ve had such a beautiful time right here, the neighborhood, the youngsters and employees, are all distinctive and I hope the brand new head trainer has the identical privilege.

“That’s what that is, it’s a privilege, you’re like a minor celeb to the youngsters and I'll miss that a lot and all of them a lot too.”

Obtain the FREE Renfrewshire Reside app now for all the newest information, options and sport in your space. Obtainable on each Android and Apple. Download right here: smarturl.it/RenfrewLiveSocial

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post