Scots mum claims Primark bowl nearly suffocated tot when it became ‘stuck’ to her face

A mum claims her child almost ‘suffocated to dying’ when a Primark bowl from Stacey Solomon’s youngsters vary ‘suctioned’ onto her face like a plunger.

Cheryl Drummond stuffed the bowl - from Stacey Solomon’s Little Pickle vary - with chocolate and gave it to 17-month Kaleah Drummond to maintain her occupied on Could 16.

Nonetheless, because the 28-year-old was placing away purchasing within the kitchen, she heard a loud thud and bolted again into the lounge to seek out her daughter on her again struggling to drag the orange dish off her face.

With Kaleah getting extra determined and frantic, Cheryl struggled to separate the bowl from her daughter’s face - claiming it acted like a ‘plunger’ because of being silicone and have become tighter with every breath she took.

The 'controversial' bowl which Cheryl claims nearly suffocated her little baby Kaleah
The 'controversial' bowl which Cheryl claims almost suffocated her little child Kaleah (Picture: Kennedy Information)

The mum says it was solely because of her faux nails that she was lastly in a position to break the seal and get the merchandise off her daughter’s face.

As soon as she managed to take away it, Cheryl says the bowl had left her daughter in tears with a crimson mark on her face, and claims that her tot has since been ‘petrified’ of the dish.

The mum-of-three is now calling upon Primark to launch an investigation into the product and to change its measurement, as she believes its oval form was too tight round Kaleah’s face.

Full-time mum Cheryl took the problem to Primark however was left indignant when she noticed that the retailer was nonetheless promoting the bowl in Stacey Solomon’s newest line.

Primark mentioned that the product vary was examined independently and met ‘EN requirements for youngsters’s feeding gadgets’ nevertheless confirmed that they had been investigating the incident.

Cheryl, from Glasgow, mentioned: “I’d simply obtained again from an enormous store. I gave Kaleah the bowl with some goodies in while I used to be placing the purchasing away. She was in the lounge, I used to be within the kitchen. They're primarily the identical room.

“I heard the bang and noticed that she’d fallen again. She’d been making an attempt to lick the underside of the bowl like all youngsters do.

“She was sitting on the laminate ground. That’s one of many causes I heard - she hit her head when she fell backwards making an attempt to drag the bowl off her face, after which she was banging her toes off the ground.

“Her mouth and nostril had been in that bowl, there was no room for her to breathe. I couldn’t see her face, and he or she was panicking. She was making an attempt to cry however her breaths had been getting tighter each second that it was suctioned to her face.

“The bowl is product of silicone so it’s like a plunger. Each breath she was creating, the bowl was getting tighter.

“Fortunately I managed to get my nails beneath the bowl and pull it off her face. It was hooked up so strongly, it left an enormous crimson mark round her face.

“The bowl was on her face for between 45 seconds and a minute. It doesn’t sound like a really very long time however within the second it feels prefer it.

“I had the bowl for 2 months earlier than this. There’d by no means been any points with it earlier than.

“The worst case situation in my thoughts was that she might have suffocated to dying.

“Normally I'd put my Alexa on to play music while I put my purchasing away. However fortunately on that day, I didn’t so I might hear the noise. Any individual was trying down on us that day.

“It took me till the subsequent day earlier than I might write a put up about it on Fb. I needed to collect my ideas.

“Everyone knows life is brief, however my life might have been fully totally different.”

Cheryl headed again to Primark on Argyle Avenue, Glasgow, to lift the problem with them.

Cheryl mentioned: “I went to Primark the subsequent day and I spoke to someone. They appeared very useful on the time and gave me the e-mail for the top workplace.

“I emailed they usually mentioned there’d be an investigation. However then I noticed the brand new Stacey Solomon vary had come out they usually had been nonetheless promoting the bowl.

“I made one other grievance within the store and the worker wasn’t very useful at first. She was fairly snappy, insisting it was a brand new vary. It was the identical bowl, however in a distinct color.

“She took my particulars and despatched them over to go workplace. They weren’t useful or apologetic although, they simply reached out asking for my model of occasions and a photograph of my bowl.

“I defined that I didn’t know easy methods to ship footage over e-mail on my new cellphone. I’ve not heard again since.”

Cheryl desires the bowl to be redesigned to keep away from any potential points sooner or later.

Cheryl mentioned: “The bowl remains to be the very same measurement which is my downside. It’s an oval form so it’s the right measurement for her small face to get into.

“I additionally assume the truth that it was a silicone materials meant it was more durable to get off her face.

“Fortunately I had false nails on that day they usually helped me get the bowl off. I don’t assume I'd have been in a position to get it off in any other case.

“Primark ought to recall the bowl and launch an investigation, they should change the scale of the bowl. If it was smaller or larger, it wouldn’t be a difficulty.

“I wouldn’t need anyone to undergo this and expertise a distinct final result to what we did.

“I gained’t be shopping for something for youngsters from Primark once more, particularly if it’s a choking hazard.

“Clearly if anyone was involved, they'd have listened. However the bowls are nonetheless on the shelf.”

A Primark spokesperson mentioned: “We had been very involved to listen to of this clients’ expertise.

“Each Primark product vary is examined independently to make sure the related security requirements are met together with this which meets the EN requirements for youngsters’s feeding gadgets.

“Nonetheless, we take security complaints very severely, following up on each one and are involved with the shopper to completely examine.”

Stacey Solomon was contacted for remark.

Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our each day e-newsletter right here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post