Bullish Riley McGree insists he made the appropriate selection in turning down Celtic for Middlesborough in January.
The Aussie midfielder was all set to hitch Ange Postecoglou 's facet earlier than a late supply from Boro turned his head.
Celtic bailed out of a bidding battle membership after initially having a £2million supply accepted for the FC Charlotte playmaker.
Having determined to maneuver south to pursue his English Premier League dream, it will likely be one other season within the English Championship for McGree after Chris Wilder's males didn't even make the playoff spots.
North of the border, Postecoglou led the Hoops to the Scottish Premiership title and guaranteeing Champions League group stage soccer.
Nevertheless, the defiant 23-year-old insists he would not change a factor after holding talks with the Parkhead boss.
Talking to Optus Sport, McGree stated: “You come to those choices in moments in your profession when it's important to make choices.
“I actually imagine I made the appropriate one. All respect to Celtic and Ange, however I'm a Middlesbrough participant."
The playmaker was pushed on if the Parkhead boss had known as him personally: “Sure, he did.
“And it wasn’t straightforward, in fact.
“However I did what I assumed was proper and I'll stand by that till the day I die.”