Police probe video of ex-Aberdeen star Shay Logan being racially abused in violent street brawl

Police have confirmed they're investigating after a video emerged of ex-Aberdeen star Shay Logan concerned in a violent avenue brawl.

The 34-year-old defender has stated he was “defending himself” after allegedly being “verbally abused” on Friday night time.

The clip, taken by a member of the general public, confirmed the Cove Rangers participant exchanging punches with one other man exterior a chip store on Chapel Avenue in Aberdeen.

The footage has now been despatched to Police Scotland who've confirmed they're investigating the circumstances behind it.

Logan previously played for Aberdeen but has now signed for Cove Rangers
Logan beforehand performed for Aberdeen however has now signed for Cove Rangers (Picture: PA)

A drive spokesperson stated: “Officers are conscious of a video which seems to indicate a disturbance within the Aberdeen space. Enquiries are ongoing to ascertain the circumstances.”

It's understood bother flared when Logan clashed with a gaggle of males whereas he was out with teammates.

Footage exhibits him dropping to 1 knee earlier than recovering to achieve the higher hand over his rival.

An onlooker could be heard shouting a vile racist slur whereas the pair throw punches.

One other man stepped in to separate them up after they stumbled from the pavement to the center of the highway.

The way to get the most recent crime information with the Day by day File

The Day by day File and Sunday Mail have all the time been on the forefront in terms of reporting crime in Scotland.

However do you know all of the methods you'll be able to keep knowledgeable of the highest crime and courts headlines?

We share dwell crime information and unique courtroom tales in addition to options and columns on historic circumstances, retaining our readers knowledgeable and up to date throughout the nation.

Logan’s title could be heard being shouted quite a few occasions by the individual regarded as recording the incident.

After the video clip went viral, Logan issued a press release on Twitter stating that he “ought to be capable to stroll down the road with out getting abused”.

He wrote: “With reference to a video that has been circulating from Friday night time, I really feel it’s essential for me to share a quick perception into the occasions.

“Anybody who is aware of me, is aware of that I don't condone violence, neither do I'm going in search of it. “Nonetheless, when provoked, I'm going to face up for myself, I'm a human being like everybody else.

“When approached on Friday night time, it was clear the (boy/man/lad) had a difficulty with me and repeatedly abused me verbally, which I didn't retaliate to initially.

“Later, when he tried to bodily assault me, I reacted with a purpose to defend myself. Simply because I'm a footballer doesn’t imply uncalled for abuse is appropriate.

“I ought to be capable to stroll down the road with out getting abused for no purpose. I’m not only a footballer, I’m a human being earlier than something.”

Do not miss the most recent information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our every day e-newsletterright here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post