Hamilton Accies ace Dan O'Reilly looking for Championship consistency next season

Dan O’Reilly spent 2021 increase his private consistency – now he desires Hamilton to observe swimsuit as a staff.

The Irish centre-back has been an enormous hit with followers since arriving in January from League of Eire facet Drogheda United.

A product of Premier League membership Fulham’s academy, the 27-year-old has gone from part-time soccer again to full-time with ease since his transfer to South Lanarkshire.

There have been alternatives to stay nearer to house and go full-time, however O’Reilly was adamant that taking the plunge and going into UK territory was the fitting transfer for him.

A robust season at Drogheda allowed him to construct a constant run of spectacular video games, and if Accies need to end larger than their sixth-placed Championship end in season 2021/22, additionally they have to discover a successful rhythm.

He defined: “A few years in the past I used to be nonetheless pretty content material with enjoying at part-time stage. Clearly you aren't coaching daily however final 12 months particularly was actually pleasant.

“I constructed up a number of consistency in my sport after which I received the chance to come back over right here. I assumed it was the fitting one for me and I nonetheless stand by that now.

“There have been full-time choices for me to remain in Eire as effectively. However I really feel that shifting over right here, it felt extra full-time. If I’d taken an possibility in Eire, I'd nonetheless be dwelling again house.

Defender Dan O'Reilly was signed from Irish side Drogheda United on January 1
Defender Dan O'Reilly was signed from Irish facet Drogheda United on January 1 (Picture: DJ Rankin)

“I feel I wanted that push. The reverse of full-time to part-time is that you're coaching within the morning as an alternative of evening. I do know groups who practice 4 nights every week and that’s the identical because the mornings.

“It’s the identical as what we do. There was a little bit of adaptation by way of altering that round however I feel if I used to be nonetheless at house, I'd be snug.

“I feel for this season, we have to construct our consistency of successful video games. If we take a draw, it’s a deserved draw and never one which we must always have received.”

Scotland’s second tier has been a leap in customary in line with the defender nevertheless it’s one he has relished, and thrived in.

Dan O'Reilly (centre) in coaching

Hamilton’s begin to 2022 within the Championship supplied the highs of successful 4-0 at Partick Thistle and contrasted with a sobering 4-0 loss to Inverness, highlighting the league’s competitiveness to O’Reilly.

He added: “I do assume the usual is larger right here. And we need to play larger at Hamilton and the objective for this season is to actually push on. That was an enormous attraction to myself coming right here.

“I feel our type within the early a part of 2022 was respectable in comparison with final 12 months. There have been video games we must always have received after we drew.

"There’s video games we've misplaced that going into them, we felt optimistic. It's a actually aggressive league.”

Observe Lanarkshire Reside Sport onTwitter through@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the newest sports activities information, footage and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post