Aron Lynas admits it is going to really feel “unusual” when he returns to Cliftonhill this summer time and enters the away dressing room – after calling time on his three 12 months stint at Albion Rovers.
The 26-year-old joined League Two rivals Dumbarton on a one-year deal on the weekend and the previous Rovers captain will now be out to assist Sons declare the title at his former employer’s expense.
Dumbarton had been relegated from League One on the finish of final season and can be among the many favourites for automated promotion, as they bid to bounce straight again.
It was a wrench for Lynas to finish his keep in Coatbridge however he felt the time was proper for a recent problem.
He mentioned: “It was a really powerful choice to go away Albion. I actually loved my time there. I performed with some nice gamers, beloved working with the administration, beloved the followers and everybody concerned with the membership.
“It’s an awesome membership and you're nicely sorted. Being captain of the membership was an awesome privilege so it was powerful to go away, however I felt the time was proper to maneuver on.
“I used to be provided a brand new deal, however I put a whole lot of thought into it and determined the time is now for a brand new problem. I felt final season at Albion, we underachieved with the squad we had. We should always have been within the play-offs minimal for my part.

“I’ve had many ups-and-downs on the membership, however simply enjoying for them and captaining them is an actual honour for me.
“It’s unhappy to let that go as a result of it was nice for me personally, nevertheless it’s time for a brand new chapter in my profession.
“It’s going to really feel a bit unusual strolling into the away altering room subsequent time I’m there, that’s for positive.
“I sit up for going again there to play, however I’m delighted to be at Dumbarton and enjoying for them now.”
Lynas will present new boss Stevie Farrell with choices because the defender can be deployed in midfield.
And he hopes to play his half in getting the Sons again into the third tier.
He added: “Dumbarton have been relegated however we can be sturdy contenders to return up so I’m trying ahead to that problem and, hopefully, we will do this subsequent season.
”I spoke to Stevie and he offered the membership to me along with his ambitions for them and what he sees me doing there, so it was a transfer I felt was the precise one on the proper time.”
Observe Lanarkshire Reside Sport onTwitter through@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the newest sports activities information, footage and video.