Cambuslang Rangers' Kilmarnock connection helps them snap up experienced striker

A Kilmarnock connection going again 15 years has led to David Cox signing up at Cambuslang Rangers.

The ex-Albion Rovers and Airdrie ahead says former Killie under-19s teammate Scott Anson known as him and mentioned co-boss Paul McColl needed to talk to him, which noticed the 33-year-old signal on for his or her West of Scotland League Premier Division marketing campaign.

And Cox, who had retired from the sport briefly final 12 months after struggling taunts about his psychological well being whereas he was enjoying for Rovers, mentioned: “I’m pleased with the transfer.

“I wasn’t too certain whether or not I used to be going to return to soccer or not, and simply think about my health club and stuff like that.

“After talking to my spouse, I hadn’t actually heard from any golf equipment or something, however one in every of my mates, Scott Anson, that I used to play with once I was a teen at Kilmarnock performs for Cambuslang as effectively.

“He acquired in contact with me and mentioned ‘the gaffer needs to talk to you, would you be keen to speak to him?’ I had a wee chat with Paul, and I’ve ended up signing.

Scott Anson (centre) played with Cox as a youth at Kilmarnock
Scott Anson (centre) performed with Cox as a youth at Kilmarnock (Picture: Cambuslang Rangers)

“It will likely be a superb league, your greater groups are in there like your Darvels and Auchinleck Talbots, who've achieved effectively, however we’re assured we are able to go in and do effectively.

“Me and Scott performed for Kilmarnock as kids, at under-19s for 3 years, and it will likely be good to get again enjoying with the massive man, so I’m wanting ahead to it and seeing what we are able to do.”

Cox’s earlier golf equipment reads like a who’s who of decrease league soccer, having performed for the likes of Annan, Montrose, Peterhead, Cowdenbeath and Brechin, and he’s delighted to have a membership lots nearer to residence.

He added: “It fits me, as a result of I keep in Cleland now, they usually prepare at Dalziel Park, so it’s actually the case that I can see the coaching floor from my again backyard, which is beneficial.

“That makes an enormous distinction from earlier golf equipment I’ve been at away up north.

“I’m at a stage now the place there are issues occurring in my private life, companies and stuff, that I must regulate.

Cambuslang Rangers co-bosses Billy Campbell (left) and Paul McColl are building for next season
Cambuslang Rangers co-bosses Billy Campbell (left) and Paul McColl are constructing for subsequent season (Picture: Paul Thomson)

“Soccer’s not the primary factor for me today, so dropping down the leagues a wee bit goes to be the place it’s at for me simply now.

“It can nonetheless be a superb degree, with good gamers, and I’m excited to get began – particularly once I thought that was me achieved.”

Observe Lanarkshire Reside Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the newest sports activities information, footage and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post