Cambuslang Rangers exit confirmed for John Gemmell, but striker may play on

John Gemmell has introduced the curtain down on his newest Cambuslang Rangers spell.

The veteran ahead was introduced again to the membership final 12 months and performed a key function in serving to them win West of Scotland Soccer League Convention B, gaining entry to this season’s Premier Division.

However Gemmell gained’t be becoming a member of them on that journey as co-bosses Billy Campbell and Paul McColl look to maintain the Somervell Park membership at that degree following a profitable 2021/22.

Retirement could not fairly beckon for the 37-year-old who first joined Camby in 2017 earlier than departing two years later for Troon. He’s additionally turned out for Queen’s Park, Albion Rovers, Partick Thistle and Stenhousemuir amongst others in a profession that started in 2001.

He hopes to play on at some type of degree and says ending his Camby profession on a excessive is the right solution to bow out.

Gemmell defined: “I'm going to maintain enjoying one other season, however I'm not going to be re-signing for Cambuslang. I've signed with an over 35s group to maintain myself ticking over once I can, if I'm not working.

“I believe that can be my pre-season. I don’t have the time to do a correct one this 12 months. I've by no means had the legs to do it proper sufficient! I did a session each two weeks final summer season and it doesn’t make a lot distinction to me.

“I’ve all the time been my measurement and I've all the time had the identical degree of health. However each season I've nonetheless managed to play.

Gemmell scoring for Albion Rovers against Clyde back in 2015
Gemmell scoring for Albion Rovers towards Clyde again in 2015 (Picture: Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser)

“I positively need to play however it'll simply be no matter works greatest with my work commitments. We are going to see.

“It has been good. I got here into Cambuslang when the membership was within the third division and we received two promotions in a row. I got here again in the summertime despite the fact that I had a number of different affords, primarily to assist Paul.

“He was struggling to get a number of gamers in however it has clearly labored out nice. I can’t complain as all of us finish it on good phrases. It has been an excellent run.”

The striker featured for a Cambuslang legends group towards a Rangers legends XI in Might and mentioned that match confirmed his legs weren’t fairly the place they as soon as have been.

He reckons the 2 gaffers will try to retain a lot of the squad that earned promotion, even when he proves to be an exception.

Gemmell added: “I believe I used to be the one participant that was nonetheless enjoying, however after that, I've to consider whether or not I'm nonetheless enjoying or not!

“I used to be feeling it. I simply received again the night time earlier than from being away so I used to be glad once I was taken off, put it that method.

“If you win a league, it’s form of anticipated that you just preserve the entire squad. However I can’t actually prepare that always due to work and stuff like that.”

Comply with Lanarkshire Stay Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the most recent sports activities information, footage and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post