Bake Off's Paul Hollywood admits judging role has 'downside' and 'damaged' him

Nice British Bake Off star Paul Hollywood reckons being a decide on the hit TV present has "broken" him.

The baking supremo opened up on the "draw back" to his function in a radio chat, and admitted he'd "suppose very very fastidiously" about signing up if he had his time once more.

Paul rocketed to fame again in 2010 when the baking competitors first hit screens on the BBC.

He informed Scala Radio host Mark Forrest that it is the "finest job he is ever carried out" however he'd be "reticent" about doing it once more now he is aware of what he is aware of.

Paul mentioned: "That is a loaded query... clearly I like the programme, like it. It is likely one of the finest jobs I've ever carried out.

"You're watched below a microscope, unfairly so in a way of I am not a politician, I am not a decide, I decide sponges on it. I discover that actually tough as a result of I am fairly a non-public individual anyway...so would I've carried out it, I might suppose very very fastidiously, I might be very reticent."

Paul, 56, mentioned he'd by no means been comfortable within the public eye and he prefers to spend time at his rural Kent residence, the Mirror experiences.

He additionally revealed how he believes the job has "modified" him.

"I are inclined to get very nervous going into cities with plenty of individuals and I feel it has made me that method now, he defined.

"I by no means was like that however now I've develop into very insular, form of trying over my glasses, sporting a beanie, holding my head down.

"I are inclined to preserve to myself to myself these days and I feel that's the draw back and it has modified me from that perspective."

Talking in regards to the unfavourable response he obtained when Bake Off moved from the BBC to Channel 4, Paul mentioned: "I imply I've grown fairly a thick pores and skin now and I form of brush it off and go, 'no matter it's advantageous', nevertheless it did have an effect on me, yeah for certain and it in all probability has broken me to a degree."

Get the most recent movie star gossip and telly information despatched straight to your inbox. Signal as much as our weekly Showbiz e-newsletterright here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post