Andy Considine reveals Aberdeen 'mourning' as he targets emotional Pittodrie return down the line

It didn’t finish the best way it was presupposed to for Andy Considine at Aberdeen.

After 18 years’ service there ought to have been satisfaction, not unhappiness.

A way of accomplishment, not acrimony.

However when he left Pittodrie for the final time, he barely acquired to say goodbye to employees he’d spent twenty years with.

Considine will begin a brand new chapter in his profession at St Johnstone subsequent week after signing a two-year deal in Perth.

He feels needed once more, one thing he’d change into unfamiliar with through the closing days at Aberdeen.

The previous Scotland defender claims he needed to remain within the Granite Metropolis till he hung up his boots.

However regardless of Dons boss Jim Goodwin saying a brand new one-year deal was on the desk for Considine, the 35-year-old insists the choice to depart WASN’T his.

After battling again from a knee harm, he was given a guard of honour by team-mates and opponents for his final recreation in opposition to St Mirren.

Afterwards, he gave a farewell speech within the dressing-room that signalled a interval of uncertainty for the defender.

Now his future is at McDiarmid Park after boss Callum Davidson snapped him up on the first alternative.

(Picture: Perthshire Image Company)

However Considine admits leaving Aberdeen after so lengthy was exhausting to take.

In an unique interview with File Sport , he stated: “It was an emotional time for me and my household. Aberdeen have been an enormous a part of our lives for thus a few years.

“However my time was up. You wish to be the place you are feeling needed – and at Aberdeen that wasn’t the case.

“I wasn’t wanted any extra. Plenty of individuals had been instructed to depart together with myself, even employees members.

“So I didn’t get the prospect to say goodbye head to head with a few of them which was exhausting.

“It was exhausting to say bye to the boys. I spoke to them after the St Mirren recreation within the altering room and thanked all of them. It’s a terrific group of lads and I've performed with a few of them for eight or 9 years.

“It was emotional however with soccer you progress on so rapidly. There was a small interval of mourning as a result of I’d been used to Aberdeen for thus lengthy.

“However to have curiosity from St Johnstone right away made me really feel happier going into the summer time.

“My time at Aberdeen is finished now. What’s essential is the longer term for me and my household.”

Considine has revealed that Aberdeen chairman and lifelong fan Dave Cormack nonetheless hasn’t spoken to him about his Pittodrie exit.

On April 6, the membership launched a press release the place Goodwin revealed particulars of a brand new contract supply, claiming it had been rejected as a result of the participant needed more money and an extended deal.

However Considine is adamant he had no possibility to remain.

He stated: “The choice was taken out of my palms utterly. It didn’t finish the best way I needed it to.

“The shortage of recreation time I had in direction of the tip made it clear that I wasn’t within the gaffer’s plans for this season.

“So my time was up. I assumed it might be in my palms however as time went on it grew to become clear that it wasn’t. The supervisor instructed me that.

"You could be at a membership, like I used to be for 18 years, however then a brand new supervisor is available in along with his personal concepts.

“Clearly, I wasn’t a part of it.

“It was exhausting to take as a result of I assumed my days as a footballer would have completed at Aberdeen.

“I set myself and my household as much as end there. I used to be teaching with the youth crew so I used to be making an attempt to kind myself out for all times after soccer too.

“I haven’t spoken to Dave about all of it as but.

“I wish to hold enjoying so I’m grateful that St Johnstone wish to take me on for the following two years.

“I’m trying ahead to beginning a brand new chapter in my profession.”

After recovering from a cruciate harm final season, Considine performed simply 49 minutes of soccer for Goodwin after his arrival as Dons boss.

In his final recreation, a knock to his hip noticed him go off early to rapturous applause from the Pittodrie followers.

Considine comes on to the pitch with a guard of honour forward of his closing match for Aberdeen, in opposition to St Mirren

And the membership legend hopes that he'll have the ability to return to the membership on good phrases. He stated: “I’d have liked extra recreation time.

“It didn’t occur for me however I acquired some minutes earlier than the tip which was nice.

“I needed to show I can nonetheless do it at this degree and that my knee wasn’t going to be an issue.

“I’d wish to assume I'll all the time be welcomed again to Aberdeen.

“The respect the followers had for me was mutual. And there’s no dangerous blood on my half in direction of the membership.

“Sooner or later, might I ever find yourself at Aberdeen in some type of capability? Who is aware of."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post