Aiden McGeady issues Celtic and Rangers challenge as new Hibs star insists he wants trophies

Aiden McGeady finalised his return to Scottish soccer with Hibs and stated he was again to problem Celtic and Rangers for silverware. The previous Hoops winger has signed a one-year contract and turns into Lee Johnson’s eighth summer time recruit as the brand new boss places his stamp on the Easter Street squad.

Free agent McGeady, 36, handed a medical on Friday earlier than penning a deal to reunite together with his former Sunderland boss Johnson. And he reckons Hibs is the right match - not least as a result of the previous Eire and Hoops hero is again sporting inexperienced and white.

He stated: “I’m completely delighted to be right here. As quickly as I spoke to Lee Johnson it was an absolute no-brainer for me. I at all times had it behind my thoughts that I needed to come back again to Scotland. Particularly after Sunderland, to be trustworthy I don’t assume there may have been a greater match. It has at all times been a membership that I've had slight affiliation in the direction of, I don’t know why.

“Perhaps as a result of they play in inexperienced and white, perhaps as a result of Hibernian is the outdated Roman title for Eire – there has at all times been one thing about Hibs that I've favored. As quickly because the supervisor made contact with me, I used to be like: 'good, let’s get this achieved’.

“Final season was a troublesome season for the membership, however the goal for this season must be to complete as excessive as potential within the league. We have to enhance on final season that's for positive, however I wish to win issues, I'm right here to win trophies and push the Previous Agency all the best way.”

Johnson hopes McGeady can produce the magic to unlock defences and get supporters off their seats as he bids to get the membership again in in regards to the European spots.

The Hibs boss stated: “Aiden will convey ability, expertise and gravitas to our crew. He's a high participant, has had a incredible profession thus far and we goal to increase and intensify his talents throughout the mix of our new-look squad.

“We may also look to utilise Aiden’s incredible management qualities to assist information and get the perfect out of our younger ahead gamers.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post