Tom Rogic Celtic heroics earn him PFA Australia Player of the Year award

Departing Celtic star Tom Rogic has picked up the PFA Participant of the 12 months award in his native Australia for the primary time.

Rogic left Parkhead on the again of certainly one of his greatest ever seasons within the inexperienced and white Hoops.

He loved a renaissance beneath his former Australia boss Ange Postecoglou as he claimed his seventh league title in Scotland and went out on a excessive.

Rogic was nominated for the PFA Scotland Participant of the 12 months award, ultimately gained by his skipper Callum McGregor.

And he is gone one higher again in his homeland after beating Leo Lacroix, Floren Berenguer and Mitch Langerak to win the gong.

It marks the primary time the 28-year-old has gained the award, whose earlier winners embrace Tom Cahill, Mark Schwarzer and Aaron Mooy.

He mentioned: “It’s an enormous honour to be named the PFA Males’s Footballer of the 12 months. To win this award voted by all my friends may be very particular. It’s been an incredible 12 months and I hope to have the ability to prime it off with qualification for the World Cup with the Socceroos.”

It is unclear the place Rogic will transcend Celtic though he beforehand dominated out a return to his homeland.

He advised Channel 10: "That appears unlikely. I’m undecided but. Now isn’t actually the suitable time – I’ll simply replicate on the profession I’ve had right here.

“I'm prepared for a brand new problem and a change of scene is one thing that can encourage me. I’ll sit down with my agent within the coming weeks and talk about my choices.

“Proper now it’s nearly what a good time I’ve had right here and having fun with my final couple of days.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post