Stacey Solomon says benefits 'saved my life' as she opens up on financial struggles

Stacey Solomon opened up on her previous monetary struggles as she mentioned 'advantages saved her life '.

Throughout Friday's instalment of Free Girls, Stacey, 33, joined Kaye Adams, Judi Love and Nadia Sawalha on the panel as they mentioned the price of residing disaster and the £400 authorities grant to assist with vitality payments.

"I simply assume it is one other instance of how out of contact the federal government are," Stacey, 32, mentioned after Kaye raised the subject.

Nonetheless, 59-year-old Kaye argued again: "Lots of this Covid, then you have got the scenario in Ukraine. I hate to make use of the phrase unprecedented, however these are unprecedented occasions."

The previous X Issue star opened up about her personal experiences counting on advantages after the delivery of her first son, writes the Mirror.

"When I had Zachary at 17, 18, I got a Sure Start Grant, it was called at the time, and I can't tell you how much that saved my life," she said.
"After I had Zachary at 17, 18, I obtained a Certain Begin Grant, it was referred to as on the time, and I can not inform you how a lot that saved my life," she mentioned. (Picture: ITV)

"After I had Zachary at 17, 18, I obtained a Certain Begin Grant, it was referred to as on the time, and I can not inform you how a lot that saved my life," she mentioned.

"My working tax credit saved our life, we couldn't have gotten by with out these. The milk tokens that we used to get to assist us purchase SMA and milk and stuff from the retailers that we could not afford.

"All of that obtained abolished. Like a few of my pals who're in related circumstances now do not even have these alternatives, they're utterly taken away from individuals after which they flip round and go, 'oh look, we're in a value of residing disaster, let's roll out £400'. It is too little too late," she continued.

"I do not assume they realise for most individuals who want that £400, that cash was spent six months in the past," she added as Kaye admitted she shall be giving her £400 again if she is granted it.

Free Girls viewers had been fast to reward Stacey for her feedback, with one individual writing on Twitter: "Go Stacey! #LooseWomen."

One other individual mentioned: "Each single time I catch @StaceySolomon on #LooseWomen she impresses me a lot. So many individuals who touch upon present affairs have solely ever identified large riches. Imo we have to hear from many extra like Stacey who has really lived by way of more durable monetary occasions in her life."

Get the most recent celeb gossip and telly information despatched straight to your inbox. Signal as much as our weekly Showbiz publicationright here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post