Kilwinning councillor re-elected after battling back from brink with Covid

Lengthy Covid sufferer Scott Davidson is on the lookout for a a lot happier subsequent 5 years in energy after practically shedding his life.

The SNP councillor is seeking to serve the folks of Kilwinning after successful a second time period on the North Ayrshire Council election on Friday.

He mentioned: "In March 2020 I used to be sparring with my son Lomond and was tremendous, however once I went to serve meals on to our plates I felt all the pieces going clammy, sticky and lightheaded and his mum got here to choose him up as I had a number of Covid signs.

"There have been a couple of events once I thought I used to be away once I wasn't getting sufficient oxygen. I did not wish to go into hospital as a result of if I used to be there I'd find yourself on a ventilator."

Mr Davidson then caught the lethal virus a second time a 12 months later and suffered the consequences of lengthy Covid and was absent from council duties for a substantial interval

He added: "I suffered lengthy Covid in March 2021 and that gave me a cough and I used to be scorching and had a blinding sore head.

"I am humbled that the folks of Kilwinning have given me a lot help, even once I had Covid I used to be serving to folks out. Covid has taught me that life will be out of the blue quick, even for a reasonably sturdy, match firefighter.

"I've retired as a firefighter and can put all my consideration into the council.

"There have been plenty of good outcomes for the SNP and I look ahead to what comes subsequent, getting on with it and driving the SNP ahead."

Former Labour Councillor David O'Neill was lifelike after shedding Irvine South.

Obtain the Ayrshire Reside app in the present day

The Ayrshire Reside app is on the market to obtain now.

Get all of the native information in your space – plus options, soccer information and the newest on the coronavirus disaster – at your fingertips 24/7.

The free obtain options the newest breaking information and unique tales when you can customise your web page with the sections that matter to you.

The Ayrshire Reside app is on the market to obtain now on iOS and Android.

He mentioned: "Individuals had a second alternative to vote Labour however they selected to not — however that is democracy.

"Nationwide politics had a huge impact and the SNP are doing effectively within the polls."

However he mentioned that may be his final marketing campaign after 37 years in politics.

Do not miss the newest Ayrshire headlines – signal as much as our free day by day e-newsletter right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post