James McPake in defiant Dundee stance as incoming Dunfermline boss insists he would have kept them up

James McPake believes he may have stored Dundee within the Scottish Premiership if he’d been given the prospect.

The previous Dens Park gaffer was sacked by the membership in February whereas they have been second backside of the desk.

He was changed by Mark McGhee who received simply certainly one of their 13 remaining video games and ultimately took them down.

This week, McPake returned to the sport as Dunfermline Athletic ’s new boss.

He was disillusioned to see the Darkish Blues drop all the way down to the Championship and is adamant he may have stored them within the high flight.

McPake instructed Mailsport : “I’m gutted for Dundee and it was arduous to see them relegated.

“As supervisor, we picked them up after they have been on their knees having simply dropped all the way down to the Championship.

“We had an evening in Kilmarnock that may by no means go away me once we received promoted.

“That’s the reminiscence I’ll treasure. I consider I’d have stored them up, given the prospect.

“We’ll by no means know, it’s open to folks’s interpretation. However did we expect we’d maintain Dundee within the Premiership? Sure.

“I’ve distanced myself from it as a result of I used to be near workers who have been nonetheless there, nonetheless combating to maintain them up.

“But it surely was hurting me, I received’t lie. As a result of it’s a terrific membership.

“We had full perception as a training group and squad of gamers that we’d keep up.

“After I left, we have been two factors forward of St Johnstone in eleventh.

“We have been solely six behind Ross County with a recreation in hand at residence to St Mirren.

“They received one recreation in 13. I’d have backed myself to do sufficient to make the play-off, minimal.

“And if we’d have gotten into the play-offs and stayed up it might have been job finished.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post