Hamilton Rugby Club exit explained as head coach moves for 'interesting challenge'

Alex Edmonstone insists transferring from Hamilton Rugby Membership to Whitecraigs is a sideways step, however couldn’t flip it down, as a result of it’s nearer to residence.

Edmonstone has been at Laigh Bent since Might 2019, and took over as head coach a yr later, however just lately introduced that he was taking on as boss at West Lodge.

However whereas he acknowledged the dimensions of membership Whitecraigs are, he mentioned they’re no greater than Hamilton, having been relegated from Nationwide League 2 on the finish of the season simply previous.

Edmonstone mentioned: “It’s a membership I’ve been at earlier than. I used to be an assistant coach at Whitecraigs about 5 or 6 years in the past and I actually loved my time there.

“It’s my native membership, I dwell over right here, at Clarkston, so the chance got here up, and it was only one that labored effectively for me and my household, to be trustworthy.

“It’s an enormous membership, with loads happening and an enormous youth set-up, however it’s no greater or smaller a membership than Hamilton. It’s only a completely different membership, and an area membership to me, however I’m trying ahead to it.

“I’ve received a variety of previous associates there, a variety of household connections, and I’m trying ahead to it. It’s a well-known membership, like Hamilton they share my values about gamers having enjoyable, an enormous focus is on household and area people, which is similar to Hamilton.

“What attracts me to the chance is the truth that it’s a membership that’s just like my very own coronary heart, it has the identical ethos and values that I share.

“It feels very troublesome to go away Hamilton. It’s a unique problem; Whitecraigs had been relegated from the league so it’s an attention-grabbing problem arising.

“I discovered it troublesome to go away a variety of the gamers. I really feel that now we have a younger squad who've developed as gamers and as males, and human beings.

“There are a variety of guys in there who I’m unhappy to go away, as a result of it’s a extremely good younger squad. Nevertheless it’s simply one thing that works effectively for me and for my household.”

Edmonstone hopes subsequent time period generally is a bit extra regular, with out Covid wreaking havoc.

He added: “It has been a difficult season for everybody. That final season was lengthy.

“It’s a 12-team league we’re in, however it felt longer than regular, with the problems we had, and we had an elongated pre-season.

“We’re acutely aware that Covid hasn’t disappeared, however we're getting again to extra normality, for the time being, and lengthy could that proceed.

“Hopefully we are able to simply have a comparatively uninterrupted season.”

Observe Lanarkshire Dwell Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the most recent sports activities information, photos and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post