Hamilton Accies defender enters contract talks on extending stay

Hamilton hero Brian Easton says he hopes his time as a participant at New Douglas Park isn’t over but as each events enter contract extension talks.

The 34-year-old is already embarking upon the subsequent stage of his profession as a youth coach at Accies however has remained a key a part of head coach Stuart Taylor’s senior facet.

He was subbed on throughout Friday last match of the season with Inverness after half-hour, together with his workforce already 4-0 down within the Championship conflict.

No extra targets have been conceded as the previous Burnley defender introduced stability and management to a fragile defence on the night time.

His present contract expires earlier than subsequent season begins and he'll flip 35 throughout that marketing campaign. However there’s no finish in sight for the skilled defender.

Easton stated: “Hopefully it is going to all be sorted quickly. I shall be sitting down with the chairman to get that sorted as that is the place I wish to be. Hopefully we're ready to do this.

“Then I can get my thoughts on getting again prepared for taking part in subsequent time period. There have been no ideas in regards to the Inverness recreation being my final recreation, no method.

Hamilton captain Brian Easton says quashing their back-to-back league wins record was important
Hamilton captain Brian Easton (Picture: SNS Group)

“I converse quite a bit about it, I believe I shall be certainly one of these guys who simply retains going till the legs fall off! I really like this recreation and I find it irresistible at this membership.

“I really like the boys and I wish to be doing this for so long as attainable. So there’s no method that I shall be hanging up my boots simply but.”

After coming via the membership’s well-known youth academy system, Easton made his Accies debut in 2006, earlier than sealing a giant transfer south to Burnley in 2009.

He returned briefly on mortgage a yr later and his everlasting transfer again wasn’t for one more 9 years, following a stint at St Johnstone the place he gained the Scottish Cup. He now sits six appearances shy of 200 Accies outings.

Brian Easton signed for Burnley after starring at Hamilton
Brian Easton had signed for Burnley after starring at Hamilton

This time period at Hamilton has been tough, ending sixth following their first time period again within the second tier after Premiership relegation.

A late push for the promotion play-offs was made and Easton says there's potential in Taylor’s squad to kick on subsequent time period.

He stated: “This season has been disappointing as we haven’t obtained to the place we wish to be. However now we have had a change of supervisor and there’s a brand new method of taking part in.

“We try to construct an id and now we have been getting that an increasing number of as this season has gone on. You could possibly see gamers starting to get higher.

“So hopefully we are able to have a look at this being a constructing season and we are able to kick on from subsequent time period.”

Comply with Lanarkshire Dwell Sport onTwitter through@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the newest sports activities information, footage and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post