Celtic star admits 'tough going' 2022 but ace reveals 'stepped it up a level' mission to impress Ange Postecoglou

Celtic midfielder David Turnbull is eager to cement his place within the Hoops XI once more after his first begin since December.

A hard hamstring harm has dominated the Wishaw ace out for many of 2022 however was fielded from minute one for the primary time for the reason that Hoops' League Cup ultimate win over Hibs nearly 5 months in the past on Saturday.

Ange Postecoglou's males strolled to a 4-1 win in opposition to Hearts in Premiership motion as they stand getting ready to title glory.

They're six factors away from Rangers with two video games to go and will likely be fancied to wrap up silverware at Dundee United on Wednesday.

Turnbull has been used as a sub in latest matches however desires extra common beginning choice after enhancing his recreation to impress supervisor Postecoglou.

He mentioned: “It’s been robust at instances. Clearly after my harm within the cup ultimate and I got here again from that then I received one other wee niggle with my ankle.

“So it’s been robust going, however I’ve been again in coaching and making an attempt to get myself absolutely match and coaching as finest I can only for days like Saturday.

“It was actually good. All of the boys are on the identical wavelength.

"We all know how we're going to play. It was a pleasure to be on the market, simply out on the grass once more.

"I used to be pleased once I received named within the squad and was delighted.

"I really feel the previous couple of days in coaching I’ve stepped it up a stage and tried to get my head in there and get in with a chance of enjoying and fortunately I did that."

Observe Lanarkshire Stay Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the most recent sports activities information, photos and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post