A well being charit y employee is dealing with jail for rapes which left his victims traumatised.
John Wooden – who labored for charities serving to a few of Scotland’s most susceptible individuals – was delivered to justice after fleeing the UK for Turkey.
He raped two ladies after they broke up with him – one in all whom came upon he had had homosexual affairs.
Wooden labored for the Scottish Affiliation for Psychological Well being and homelessness charities Simon Group Scotland and Turning Level Scotland.
His first sufferer mentioned he attacked her after she broke up with him whereas he was on vacation.
And she or he mentioned he later held her hostage and raped her.
The 44-year-old mentioned: “I caught him overtly flirting with a lady he’d been with up to now through a Fb chat so I made a decision to finish the connection.
"The evening he returned from vacation was the primary time he raped me.
“I used to be in full shock and disbelief at what occurred and Wooden, presently, was chilly and dismissive in the direction of me.
“The following time he raped me was a couple of days later once I returned to the flat for some issues. He held me captive within the bed room of his flat for what felt like without end however was truly possibly 45 minutes to an hour.

“I attempted to combat him off however he prevented me from escaping.
“I used to be completely damaged and traumatised.”
She later came upon he had raped one other lady, 34. She mentioned: “This had a large affect on my psychological well being.
“I had already been struggling however continued to work full-time although I had dropped out of uni in my third 12 months because of the affect of the trauma.
"I stupidly thought, as many victims of sexual violence do, that it was solely me who had been assaulted.”
His different sufferer was additionally his girlfriend. He first raped her early of their relationship.
His first sufferer mentioned: “He additionally raped her sooner or later throughout this preliminary interval of assembly.
“She was manipulated and coerced within the relationship and after he initially raped her in Glasgow he raped her an extra two occasions in England.
“At some point, she regarded on his telephone and laptop computer and located umpteen messages from women and men, principally males, with particulars of occasions they'd met in motels and in her house for intercourse.
“When she confronted him about this, the connection ended. It was throughout this time he raped her for the final time.”
On the Excessive Court docket in Glasgow final month, Wooden was convicted of raping his first sufferer and making an attempt to rape her at a flat in Glasgow’s Dowanhill.
He was convicted of raping his second sufferer on the similar flat a month later and shall be sentenced immediately.
Kenneth Crawford, director of finance and assets at Turning Level Scotland mentioned Wooden “was employed by us for a short while earlier than the incidents occurred. On the time of employment, we will confirm that each one obligatory checks have been carried out”.
Billy Watson, chief government at SAMH, mentioned Wooden was “employed by SAMH for 2 months” to Might 15, 2015, however “didn't full his probation and was dismissed after being discovered to have breached confidentiality.”
Simon Group Scotland was approached for remark.
Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our each day e-newsletter right here.