The SNP in Glasgow has been accused of "Hollywood fakery" for happening a cleansing blitz of the town forward of the council elections subsequent week.
Scottish Labour's Malcolm Crafty, who's the get together's group chief within the metropolis, took goal on the Nationalists for a "staged clean-up".
Voters head to the polls subsequent week, Might 5, and Glasgow is likely one of the council areas to observe with the SNP seeking to maintain onto to energy.
Crafty instructed the Scottish Specific : "Glasgow is commonly used as a movie set, however an SNP staged clean-up is taking Hollywood fakery to a complete new stage.
"It mustn't take an election marketing campaign to pressure the SNP administration to scrub up our streets.
"Cleaning is a elementary a part of working a council - not one thing that you simply wheel out at election time.
“Scottish Labour have centered our marketing campaign on the necessity for cleaner, greener, Glasgow.
"We now have efficiently shamed the SNP into this half-hearted clean-up operation. A cynical and hole transfer by Susan Aitken’s administration."
Forward of the COP26 local weather convention final yr Glasgow Metropolis Council chief Susan Aitken was branded "out of contact" after saying the town wanted a "spruce up".
Within the lead as much as the convention in November the SNP-led council was on the receiving finish of criticism over photos displaying piles of garbage on streets and graffiti on buildings.
On the time she stated: "I do not consider the streets are filthy.
"I feel there are patches which can be problematic. I feel there are patches that have to focused, however by and huge after I'm strolling about as I do on a regular basis, the issues I see are to do with industrial waste a lot of which isn't the accountability of the council.
"I feel Glasgow wants a spruce up as we emerge from covid."
Following the feedback Scottish Labour chief Anas Sarwar tweeted: "Susan Aitken is out of contact. Glasgow deserves higher."
To enroll to the Each day File Politics e-newsletter, click on right here.
Observe Peter Davidson on Fb

Hold updated with all the newest tales from Peter Davidson.
Because the Dwell Politics Editor on the Each day File he covers politics in Holyrood, Westminster and native councils.
Give him a comply with if you wish to hold updated with what is going on on within the political world.
To comply with Peter, click on right here.