Scots dad who suffered horrific burns after self-harming hails medics for nursing him back to life

A dad left with horrific burns after self-harming has thanked hospital employees for nursing him again to life.

Matt Lloyd stated: “I actually imagine that with out their assist, I wouldn’t be right here.

“They saved me and gave me again to my sons.”

The 54-year-old suffered devastating wounds following the incident final August after the breakdown of his 12-year relationship.

With 60-70 per cent full-body burns, medical doctors at Glasgow Royal Infirmary operated shortly to save lots of Matt’s life and forestall additional injury to his muscle tissues.

He spent six weeks in ICU earlier than being transferred to the hospital’s burns unit the place he underwent one other 4 operations.

The very first thing he remembers after waking up was chatting with his two sons on the cellphone.

He stated: “I felt so responsible about what I had put them by and defined to them and my household that I didn’t do it as a result of I didn’t love them. I simply didn’t love myself at the moment.”

Throughout his time on the burns unit Matt was sorted by physiotherapists, occupational therapists and healthcare assist staff, in addition to psychological well being groups who handle the impacts of the trauma.

Catriona Murray, a senior physiotherapist on the unit, stated: “A burn harm is commonly a life-changing harm, not only for the affected person, however for his or her household too.

"We come collectively as a crew, to assist encourage purposeful duties, our purpose is to assist get individuals again to functioning as they have been earlier than their harm.”

Thanking the nursing crew, Matt stated: “I actually imagine that with out their assist, I wouldn’t be right here.”

In the event you’re having a troublesome time and want assist, you may contact Samaritans, 24 hours a day on 116 123 or at www.samaritans.org.

Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our each day publication right here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post