A porpoise stranded in sinking mud at a distant bay was saved by a volunteer rescue medic on his first name out.
Dan Coyle, knowledgeable wild swimmer generally known as Dan the Merman, spent an hour within the water making an attempt to information the disorientated creature again to the open sea.
And he calmed the confused marine mammal by singing lullabies and folks basic Caledonia.
The alarm was raised with the British Divers Marine Life Rescue charity on Saturday by two males who noticed the porpoise caught close to Tarbert harbour, Argyll.
Dan, from close by Cairnbaan, rushed to the scene and the 34-year-old mentioned the rescue was troublesome to tug off.

He added: “I used to be carrying a wetsuit and I’m a powerful swimmer so I utilized my abilities guiding her alongside, however she stored going again into the rocks.
“I used to be singing to her as a part of the coaching tells you this soothes them. I sang her lullabies and likewise sang Caledonia to her.
“Simply after I thought I must abandon her and hope the flooding tide would give her an opportunity, I made one final try by gently reorienting her route at a special angle, in deep water, on the mouth of the bay within the route of the open sea.
“I used to be completely buzzing to really feel a change in her motion and see her soar off into the open of Loch Fyne. A number of dives and he or she was out of sight. I may sense her reduction and it was magical.”
Dan solely knew the boys who raised the alarm by their first names of Richie and Adam.
He mentioned: "The boys have been sensible and so they took a little bit of a threat on themselves as they went out into the sinking mud, Richie, is a diver, he took a measured threat and so they stayed with the porpoise until I obtained there."
He praised the boys for taking motion to make sure the porpoise remained out of hazard till the profitable bid to information it again to the open sea.
Dan added: "Richie additionally managed to get a rib (inflexible inflatable boat) and he got here out in case I wanted it."
Karl Hurd, a senior medic with the British Divers Marine Life Rescue charity, was additionally a key a part of the crew effort, making the lengthy drive from his dwelling in Campbeltown to look at the porpoise, which was sunburnt and had suffered some bruising.
The feminine porpoise's probabilities have been initially regarded as 50/50, contemplating the logistics of getting to re-float the distressed and disorientated mammal inside a fancy panorama.
Do not miss the most recent information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our every day e-newsletterright here.