Mum who suffers from itchy skin hit by devastating cancer diagnosis

A mum has been left devastated after her itchy pores and skin turned out to be one thing much more sinister.

Gill Liiv-Rochester, 36, was affected by an itchy mole which turned out to be pores and skin most cancers. She has now spoken out about her prognosis in an try to boost consciousness.

Gill, who's a mum to Emme, 13, and one other youngster solely went to the medical doctors concerning the mole at her daughter's request, Birmingham Stay reviews.

She was discovered to have two malignant melanomas.

Gill, from County Durham, mentioned: "I had a mole however I did not realise it was there because it was on my decrease again. My daughter mentioned to me: 'Mam you retain scratching your again what is the matter?' She mentioned perhaps I ought to get it checked out.

"Wanting again now I did not realise how exhausted I used to be and my pores and skin was actually dry. I assumed it might be nothing or one thing very minor.

"After I went to the medical doctors, they requested how lengthy I had had the mole on my shoulder however I had no thought I had one there.

"All of it occurred actually quick. I noticed the GP in the course of the week and by Monday I used to be being operated on.

"I used to be informed malignant melanomas are probably the most extreme and aggressive type and by six to eight weeks it might unfold to my organs - I by no means realised it was that severe. Fortunately it was stage one."

She mentioned: "With pores and skin most cancers, lots of people assume it is not that severe and also you simply get it eliminated and that is it, however it's not that in any respect. I am nonetheless recovering from one other biopsy I had however I am getting there.

"Folks ask me whether or not they need to get a mole checked out and I'd at all times say to only get it checked out. It may very well be nothing however it could be one thing."

Anybody who desires to donate prizes for the raffle can contact Gill via her Fbweb page.

Do not miss the most recent information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our day by day publication right here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post