Motherwell star's Dundee move not set in stone as contract state of play revealed

Motherwell defender Ricki Lamie says he might stay on the Fir Park membership past the summer time - regardless of signing a pre-contract with Dundee.

The previous Livingston defender netted a dramatic last-gasp leveller in opposition to his former membership as a 2-2 draw with Livi sealed a Premiership high six spot for 'Nicely.

Graham Alexander's aspect have been 2-0 down with half-hour to play however Callum Slattery's thunderous effort alongside the 93rd minute scramble retains goals of European soccer alive.

Lamie might have left ML1 in January as then-Dee boss James McPake pushed to signal him after a pre-contract deal was agreed.

However with the previous Hibs defender now gone and the Dens Park membership heavy favourites to be relegated from Scotland's top-flight, it is a switch that might but be off.

Clauses within the Motherwell star's transfer means his spell in Tayside might be over earlier than it begins, opening the door to doubtlessly extending his Fir Park stint.

He defined: “May I modify my thoughts concerning the transfer? There are particular clauses within the contract.

“I’m not precisely certain the way it works however they have been inserted because of the place that Dundee have discovered themselves in.

“They bought some extent from the derby in opposition to Dundee United on Saturday in order that they’re nonetheless combating away and it’s only a matter of seeing the way it all pans out.

“Other than the rest, I agreed to signal for one supervisor and he’s not there. That got here as a little bit of a shock after he’d had a few good outcomes.

“They tried to make the transfer occur in January however that didn’t work out so I’ve been telling my fiancee and my household that I’m simply concentrating on the job in hand and ending as excessive up the desk as we will.

“We’ll have to see how the season ends however, as I mentioned to the gaffer right here, regardless of the place I’m going to be subsequent season my solely focus in the mean time is on profitable video games."

(Picture: SNS Group)

With a cost to complete in a European spot now on the playing cards, Lamie insists the one factor on his thoughts is attaining continental placement, as he might find yourself there too relying how issues pan out.

The 28-year-old added: “The gaffer’s been good with me ever since I signed the pre-contract. We converse often and that gained’t change.

"Motherwell have been nice with me and, as a participant, I simply wish to maintain taking part in often. Then I’ll have stuff to determine. It’s a humorous outdated recreation.

"I might assist Motherwell qualify for Europe subsequent season and perhaps even find yourself taking part in for them there once more. I’d began this season very well after which we introduced in a couple of different gamers who play in my place.

“Now, although, I’ve fought my manner again into the beginning XI and I’m a mainstay once more and the supervisor’s informed me it’ll keep that manner so long as I’m working exhausting.”

Observe Lanarkshire Dwell Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the most recent sports activities information, photos and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post