Jason Cummings gushes over Australia 'honour' as Scotland cap opens the door to international allegiance switch

Scotland cap Jason Cummings insists it might be an 'absolute honour' to be known as up by Australia to attempt to rescue their World Cup dream.

The previous Hibs, Rangers and Dundee striker has rediscovered his type with the Central Coast Mariners and will swap worldwide allegiances.

Cummings has received two caps for the Scots, however solely performed a complete of 5 minutes after coming off the bench in each pleasant clashes.

The Socceroos face United Arab Emirates in June for a two-legged, play-off to earn a spot on the World Cup later this yr and the 26-year-old admits he would relish the decision.

And Cummings admits he has already spoken to former Easter Street teammate Martin Boyle concerning the prospect of reuniting on the worldwide scene.

He stated: "It’s good to see that I’m getting recognition, lots of people are saying they need to get me within the nationwide group, which might be an absolute honour if I may.

"If I preserve doing nicely, preserve scoring objectives, I might need an opportunity of getting in there. I’d like to be. I really like scoring objectives and I’d clearly work my socks off.

"I’ve had no contact but with supervisor Graham Arnold and my primary focus now's clearly with the Mariners and getting a prime six end.

“I’ve spoken to Martin Boyle a couple of instances and he’s eager to get me in as nicely. It’s lower than me if I get known as up, however hopefully, I can in the future."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post