'Gobsmacked' dad gets wallet full of cash back seven years after losing it

A dad was left gobsmacked after a pockets filled with money was returned to him - nearly seven years after he misplaced it.

Andy Evans, 45, left the pockets containing £134 in money, his financial institution playing cards and driving licence in a taxi after heading dwelling from seeing The Courteeners at Heaton Park in June 2015.

The dad-of-two, from Wythenshawe, flagged down the mini-bus type black cab in north Manchester, however did not know which agency it belonged to and due to this fact had no method of getting in contact with the driving force.

He realised the pockets was now not in his denims pocket shortly after stepping out the taxi and assumed it was gone eternally, Manchester Night Information studies.

So he was left gobsmacked when this weekend a bundle despatched recorded supply arrived for him containing the pockets - precisely as he had left all of it these years in the past.

"It is simply completely loopy" Andy stated. "At first I used to be actually confused as I did not actually keep in mind the pockets because it was so way back.

Andy Evans couldn't believe it when the wallet arrived through the post.
Andy Evans could not consider it when the pockets arrived via the put up. (Picture: Andy Evans)

Then as I checked out it a bit extra I began to twig.

"I simply could not consider it. I believed 'it could actually't be.' Seven years!? Nobody I've advised can consider it both. I texted my brother immediately as he needed to lend me cash on the night time so I may keep out and hold partying, so he remembered it, and he is gobsmacked as effectively.."

The bundle had electronic mail tackle on the envelope which Andy wrote to, to thank for returning it.

All his money and cards were still inside.
All his cash and playing cards have been nonetheless inside. (Picture: Andy Evans)

He obtained a reply saying that the pockets had been 'present in an outdated taxi.'

The message, merely signed 'Manchester Taxi Driver' stated: "7 years.....Wow. The pockets was present in an outdated taxi and appeared untouched. I hope all of the belongings are there. Get your self to a financial institution to get the cash up to date and luxuriate in. All the most effective."

"It is mad. I simply cannot consider it is come again however with every thing in it. Think about what number of passengers should have been in that taxi since me" Andy stated. "Two ladies received in it straight after me that night time, I do know that for a reality.

Andy says he wants to meet the driver and shake his hand.
Andy says he desires to fulfill the driving force and shake his hand. (Picture: Andy Evans)

"And it seems it has been sat there wedged beneath the seat or one thing all this time, even by the sounds of it after this taxi got here off the street. It is like Robinson Crusoe or one thing. A message in a bottle coming again years later. You could not write it."

Andy has since emailed the driving force providing him some diesel to thank him for his honesty.

The person, who confirmed he's nonetheless a taxi driver stated: "In all honesty, I wasn't returning it in your reward, your supply of diesel simply introduced a large smile to my face.

"It's the center of the month of Ramadan which is a good month for charity any contribution you have been going to make let's get it to these much less lucky."

"I've requested if he desires to fulfill up or to get a espresso or one thing" Andy stated. "I simply wish to shake his hand and say thanks. He did not should do what he is finished. He despatched it particular supply so could have value £8 of his personal cash to ship me. So for it to return again with all the cash actually is wonderful."

Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our every day publication right here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post