Neil McCann conceded Rangers ’ penalty awarded by referee Steven McLean in opposition to Dundee "is of the tender selection".
Gio van Bronckhorst’s aspect cruised into the semi-final stage of the Scottish Cup due to objectives from Connor Goldson and Vogue Sakala, alongside a James Tavernier spot kick.
Forward of Tavernier's penalty, Ryan Sweeney appeared to have body-checked the Ibrox skipper with whistler McLean awarding the foul.
Nonetheless, former Dundee supervisor and Rangers star McCann reckons it was a lucky name for the guests.
McCann informed Premier Sports activities: “At first once I watched it, I assumed it was tender, as a result of I don’t assume Sweeney can go wherever.
“However on reflection he does put a step in direction of him. As James Tavernier goes in he works on the surface, and Sweeney steps throughout him. He catches him full chest.
“It's of the tender selection, I can see why Steven McLean have given it so I'll give him the good thing about the doubt.
“He (Sweeney) simply comes throughout however he ought to simply match the run.”
Regardless of the views of his fellow pundit, Kevin Thomson gave any dialogue brief shrift.
He added : “He has simply received caught sq. (Sweeney) to be sincere.
“He had been defending fairly effectively, to be sincere. He had been hitting (away) the lengthy diagonal.”