Martin Compston leaves fans gutted after ruling out second season of ITV's Our House

Martin Compston has left followers devastated after confirming his newest ITV drama collection Our Home will not be returning for a second season.

The Line of Obligation actor starred within the four-part miniseries adaptation of Louise Candlish's novel of the identical title, however will not be again for extra episodes.

The 37-year-old actor, from Greenock, performed dishonest husband Bram Lawson alongside Downton Abbey's Tuppence Middleton, who performs Fiona Lawson, his estranged spouse.

The actor spoke to Metro about his newest collection, admitting he would not need to come again for a 'dangerous sequel' and disappoint followers.

Martin Compston & Tuppence Middleton star as estranged husband and wife Fi and Bram Lawson
Martin Compston & Tuppence Middleton star as estranged husband and spouse Fi and Bram Lawson (Picture: ITV)

He stated: "I believe, with Our Home, actually whenever you get a script by means of, it’s a one-off and also you’re not going to return again.

"You’re absolutely dedicated to it in these phrases, you'll be able to’t have any regrets, you'll be able to’t assume, “Oh we’ll choose that up after which we have to depart all there and go off at it full pelt.”

"It’s thrilling, in some methods, to go “Proper we’re going to do that and that’s gonna be it.”

"As a result of I believe too many issues I’ve beloved, whether or not it's motion pictures or TV exhibits, after which watched a nasty sequel.

"And the one factor that does drive me up the wall now could be the quantity of people that come again from the useless.

Martin Compston as Bram in Our House
Martin Compston as Bram in Our Home (Picture: ITV)

"It takes away all of the jeopardy in the very first thing as a result of then you definately watch the primary nice movie once more and go, nicely, I don’t must really feel any emotion right here for this dying as a result of I do know she or he’s alive within the subsequent one.

"So it actually does take away from that. I believe you’ve acquired to watch out. I believe it’s one thing that has simply been capable of go proper.

"Made a great present and let’s depart it at that."

Talking about how some exhibits are finest left alone as one-offs, Martin agreed: "Undoubtedly, Our Home is certainly in that class as nicely.

"And I believe by the top folks will realise why."

Our Home is offered to look at on ITV Hub.

Get the newest movie star gossip and telly information despatched straight to your inbox. Signal as much as our weekly Showbiz e-newsletterright here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post