James McPake 'humbled' by Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou as he reveals classy 30 minute sit down left a huge impression

Former Dundee boss James McPake has heaped reward on Ange Postecoglou after the Celtic supervisor took day trip to supply him assist and recommendation.

McPake revealed Postecoglou devoted half an hour of his time to supply steering to the ex-Dens gaffer following a 4-2 win for the Parkhead aspect on Tayside again in November.

He says post-match chats between bosses are a rarity nowadays resulting from Covid-19, however insists the 56-year-old Aussie was solely too eager to take a seat down and speak soccer.

And the assembly left an enduring impression on first-time boss McPake, who was sacked by Dundee in February.

"I imagine, chatting with different managers, he sits down and talks to you," he advised BBC Sportsound.

Signal as much as our File Celtic publication

DRPod-Celtic.png

Get all the most recent Celtic information despatched straight to your Inbox day-after-day by signing as much as our publication.

We cowl each morsel of knowledge relating to your favorite membership within the type of articles, movies and podcasts.

The publication will arrive day-after-day at 12pm, supplying you with a spherical up of the perfect tales we have lined that within the final 24 hours.

To enroll, merely enter your e mail deal with into the hyperlink right here.

And for those who aren't already, be sure you be a part of the dialog over on our Celtic Fb group and File Sport Instagram.

“I believe, the 4-2 recreation at Dens, he will need to have spent about half an hour with me - which is uncommon these days with Covid since you don’t go into the workplaces.

“You don’t do what was traditionally performed as managers the place you invited the opposition managers in for a beer or a cup of tea.

“However he spent a little bit of time and he spoke… it was only a little bit of steering. However he simply got here throughout as a extremely good footballing man who had numerous time notably for youthful coaches.

“I can’t converse for anybody else however actually myself and my employees on the time had been very impressed by him.

“We had been very impressed by the best way he units his workforce up and the actual fact he sticks to his weapons as effectively.

“He’s been questioned, he didn’t have an excellent begin at Celtic however he caught to what he was doing and now the followers get excited

(Picture: SNS Group)

“Once they get it proper they’re a correct workforce - we misplaced 6-0 and that might have been 12-0.”

Grateful McPake admits he was "humbled" by Postecoglou and the best way wherein he took an curiosity in his work at Dens.

He insists it "reveals the kind of man" the previous Australia supervisor is.

McPake continued: “I had by no means met him! I met him at Celtic Park and he congratulated me on the promotion.

“I assumed, oh effectively, you go away and clearly he’s learn up and performed his homework and seen, ‘ah, they’ve acquired a promotion’.

“I simply thought it was only a throwaway remark however once they got here to Dens, it was type of like… I don’t need to sound unhealthy however he got here to me.

“And it was extra of a, ‘let’s simply have a chat’, and it was for 20 minutes, half an hour. ‘How’s your coaching going’, within the lead as much as a world break, ‘how are you going to strategy it’.

“I went away and spoke to lots of people about it. I’ll be sincere, I felt very humbled.

“Celtic had been flying at the moment, he’s the Celtic supervisor and no disrespect to Dundee however I used to be the Dundee supervisor.

“He went out his method to come and converse to me so I’ll be glad about that and it reveals the kind of man he's. There aren’t sufficient in soccer that need to show you how to, in my view.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post