Former Rangers striker Kenny Miller has been left confused by the crimson card calls thrown Motherwell's approach in a Scottish Cup quarter-final with Hibs.
Steelman Bevis Mugabi was despatched off by referee Willie Collum inside a minute for a powerful deal with on Josh Doig, sparking debate through the televised match.
Hibs went on to win 2-1 at Fir Park because of an Elias Melkersen double, Joe Efford's purpose not sufficient to salvage cup hopes for Graham Alexander's aspect.
After strolling again his preliminary response to Collum's name, Miller reckons it was an enormous one to make so early in an important match.
The ex-Rangers star stated on BBC commentary: "I feel that could be a harsh resolution.
"It is not extreme drive, he isn't coming into it quick, he isn't excessive. For me that is a horrendous resolution from Willie Collum. So, so harsh on Mugabi.
"Is it late? Sure it's. Has he caught the participant? He completely has. However is he reckless? I feel within the early levels of the sport that is a large resolution and it'll impression the end result, most likely, and the end result of this recreation.
"I feel you have to be completely sure and I am positive in Willie's eyes he's however I feel it could be a bit of bit harsh at that stage of the sport to present that as a crimson card.
"Are you aware what? I will retract my 'horrendous resolution from Willie Collum' after seeing it once more as a result of I feel totally different referees will see that in a distinct gentle: some would possibly give it as a yellow, some would possibly give it because the crimson.
"I simply assume this early within the recreation, we're wanting ahead to this recreation and it is modified the entire steadiness, the entire momentum, of how this recreation goes to be performed out now."
Miller was then left baffled when 'Effectively's Jordan Roberts was booked for the same deal with, including: "I do not see the distinction! Can he ship two gamers off in six minutes? It is an identical. It's an identical!
"That is the factor that coaches, managers and gamers: all they're asking for is consistency. Whether or not the crimson is true or the yellow is improper it does not matter - that is the same problem, however two totally different outcomes.
"If something I feel that is perhaps a bit of bit extra studs up. Slightly bit greater than the Mugabi one was."
Comply with Lanarkshire Stay Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the most recent sports activities information, photos and video.