NBC
Shortly after Jimmy Kimmel went off on Fox Information’ Tucker Carlson for defending Russian dictator Vladimir Putin on the eve of his nation’s invasion of Ukraine, Seth Meyers devoted a sizeable chunk of his Late Night time to Trump’s reward of Putin the day earlier than the army offensive.
“All the world is aghast and horrified,” stated Meyers of the upcoming Russian invasion, because the present was recorded Wednesday afternoon. “The one individuals who may probably suppose this can be a good transfer are these unemployed fringe weirdos who go on small-time radio exhibits. You understand, like this man.”
With that, he threw to a clip of Trump talking on the The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Present, a conservative speak radio program co-hosted by Travis, a troll-like Fox Sports activities persona who’s been remarkably fallacious concerning the COVID-19 pandemic each step of the way in which (and most all the things else, actually).
“I went in yesterday and there was a tv display screen, and I stated, ‘That is genius,’” Trump remarked of Putin on Tuesday. “Putin declares a giant portion of the Ukraine—of Ukraine. Putin declares it as impartial. Oh, that’s fantastic. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s impartial,’ a big part of Ukraine. I stated, ‘How sensible is that?’”
Trump later went on to say of Putin, “Right here’s a man who’s very savvy… I do know him very nicely. Very, very nicely… However right here’s a man that claims, you recognize, ‘I’m gonna declare a giant portion of Ukraine impartial,’ he used the phrase ‘impartial,’ and ‘we’re gonna exit and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna assist hold peace.’ You gotta say, that’s fairly savvy.”
“No, you don’t gotta say that!” exclaimed Meyers. “I imply, nicely, perhaps you gotta say that so somebody will decide you up on the Moscow airport once you flee our jurisdiction. It’s simply insane that Trump remains to be so determined to reward a bloodthirsty tyrant like Putin each likelihood he will get. Trump narrates Putin’s each transfer like he’s [NFL commentator] Tony Romo calling the final drive of a playoff recreation.”
He added, “Trump’s watching Russian tanks roll into Ukraine with pom-poms in his hand, calling it ‘genius.’”